• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 2: Bastia - Ajaccio 156Km

02-profile.jpg

Another great stage design by ASO :rolleyes:

Whatever, will the sprinters survive the climb? Most likely imo

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Top 10 for me: Wild guess

1.Sagan
2.Albasini
3.Kristoff
4.Gavazzi
5.Chavanel
6.Gallopin
7.Gerrans
8.Roelandts
9.Gilbert
10.Valverde(!)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
No brainer. Sagan wins. The climb could be raced quite hard if all the GC guys are nervy, everyone trying to ride on the front. IMO.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Cavendish is obviously going to be dropped and his chances of getting back are much less with Tony Martin out of the race. Hopefully Kristoff can get over the top and get the big win he deserves. Otherwise it's another Sagan borefest.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I reckon Sagan and Kristoff will get dropped on the big climb, may be able to get back though.
I can see some real damage there though and some contenders having a good go to get away.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Steady said:

1.Sagan
2.Albasini
3.Kristoff
4.Gavazzi
5.Chavanel
6.Gallopin
7.Gerrans
8.Roelandts
9.Gilbert
10.Valverde(!)

Some good choices. Albasini is a decent e/w shot, id have backed Boom if he hadnt got away today. Dumoulin may be up there too, as will Valverde.

Steady said:

1.Sagan
2.Albasini
3.Kristoff
4.Gavazzi
5.Chavanel
6.Gallopin
7.Gerrans
8.Roelandts
9.Gilbert
10.Valverde(!)

That result would put Kristoff in yellow? If I understand it's the positions on the stages which will be deciding as long as they have same time. Kristoff would have 2+3=5.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It's only 1 km. Most sprinters will only need to start the climb near the front and they'll be fine. I'd be surprised if Cavendish was dropped out of contention.

This basically. I doubt most sprinters will be dropped. The first mountains won't be ridden full speed and that last hill is just a small bump. We have seen Cavendish hang on at much tougher terrain.

Finn84 said:
If Kittel gets dropped how will the graphics work? As they usually show just a difference from front of the race to yellow jersey.

This of course, assuming the situation is

Breakaway
Peloton
Dropped riders incl. Kittel

They can show time differences for several groups, they have done so in the past.

Tomorrow was a day for Sagan, but now, with the crash, maybe no, and Cannondale dont work. the stage is hard, with a lot of corners, and the last climb is short but step, so it looks a day for a breakaway. I dont think is a good day for Cavendish, it is not a question of the last climb only, if Cav dont drop in the climbs, the breakeaway will be at ten minutes, and that in that kind of road is not possible to catch.

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Steady said:

1.Sagan
2.Albasini
3.Kristoff
4.Gavazzi
5.Chavanel
6.Gallopin
7.Gerrans
8.Roelandts
9.Gilbert
10.Valverde(!)

Probably gonna end up something like this in my opinion too. Though, I think Eddy Boss will be there, along with Geraint Thomas if he hasnt been banged up too much. Dont think Kristoff will be there, although that man just keep impressing me.

TRENDING THREADS