• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, stage 20: Annecy - Annecy / Annecy - Semnoz 125 km

The stage will be won by

• other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
PROFIL.png

1372504545_20-stage-annecy-annecy-semnoz-plan.jpg

Km 12.5 - Côte du Puget5.4 kilometre-long climb at 5.9% - category 2
Km 17.5 - Col de Leschaux3.6 kilometre-long climb at 6.1% - category 3
Km 43.0 - Côte d'Aillon-le-Vieux6 kilometre-long climb at 4% - category 3
Km 51.0 - Col des Prés (1 142 m)3.4 kilometre-long climb at 6.9% - category 3
Km 78.5 - Mont Revard15.9 kilometre-long climb at 5.6% - category 1
Km 125.0 - Annecy-Semnoz10.7 kilometre-long climb at 8.5% - category H

The final mountain showdown. I suppose Froome wants to end up it beautifully with another win.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Last chance for Andy to go in the break and go for a win. Hopefully he attempts it. Think it will probably come together by the final climb though and it will be between the GC contenders. Quintana for the win, and to move up to 2nd.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Purito to wheelsuck until the last 2km, to then pull out his sprint hoping to get the stage win and have enough distance on Contador to get the podium spot.

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Purito to wheelsuck until the last 2km, to then pull out his sprint hoping to get the stage win and have enough distance on Contador to get the podium spot.

He would have to distance any two of these three to get on the podium: Contador (by at least 47''), Quintana (by at least 26'') or Kreuziger (by at least 14'').

So if it's easy to distance Kreuziger, I can't see Purito dropping Quintana or putting 50'' into Contador.

Someone will want to make it a hard race tomorrow and with it being so short i dont think the break will get much distance ahead. Therefore i think that the winner will come out of the peloton, probably J-rod. The 20km of flat before the last climb may well mean that no-one on GC will try any major attacks before the last climb. If someone is pushing hard at the front then it could be a hard day for the autobus. That said, the early climbs arent that steep so if the autobus has some good drivers then things shouldnt be too bad.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As Roman still in contention for the podium, can't wait to see him battling on the final climb. :rolleyes: Froome winning the stage, Contador second overall..., and the rest I more likely left unpredicted. :D

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Another stage for the break to stay clear.

GC guys will only light it up on the final ascent, as everyone is low on gas and no one needs to gain more than 50 secs.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Congratulations Quintana!

In the biggest cycling moment of my life the forum goes down.

Can hackers pick another forum or web site.:mad:

And I see the president of Colombia mentioned him on twitter and congratulated him on it.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Loved the stage! big kudos to Nairito. Such an awesome win for him! :)

White, Polka dot, stage win, 2nd overall, this kid is without a doubt the biggest cycling phenomenon around! :)