• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 3: Ajaccio - Calvi 146 Km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jelantik said:
geezz.. not sure why he has to wear all polka dot from top to bottom. (he just missed the shoe and his socks). He is more and more look like willy wonka and his donut factory. :D

Going by everyone else's reaction I'm probably in a minority of one, but I thought it looked not too bad.

One fashion item I'm not missing though is the yellow helmets for team classement leader. I'm hoping they've been removed totally, or is it just that Radioshack are refusing to wear them again?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Leadbelly said:
Going by everyone else's reaction I'm probably in a minority of one, but I thought it looked not too bad.

One fashion item I'm not missing though is the yellow helmets for team classement leader. I'm hoping they've been removed totally, or is it just that Radioshack are refusing to wear them again?

There still there. Vacansoleil had them for stage 2 yesterday.
CORVOS_00021603-046.jpg

Pulpstar said:
Slightly different but Wiggo was giving lead outs to Cav last year... 1 short turn won't exactly kill Andy's (very slim) hopes anyway.

How many need to get across the line tommorow in the TTT btw ? 6 ?

AFAIK front wheel of 5th rider
------------------
Rolland looks ridiculous in a cow/dalmatian outfit

Considering the injuries, you may also expect Valverde in yellow after tomorrow

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Afrank said:
There still there. Vacansoleil had them for stage 2 yesterday.
Yes - for the TdF, Cofidis had to amend the all yellow helmets they have taken to wearing earlier this year so as not to mislead people into thinking that they are leading the team classification. Which would have been a major 'WTF' moment for some of us who weren't aware that they'd started doing this.

LaFlorecita said:
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 31s
Pierre Rolland discusses his full polka dot kit, "it's pleasant, it's aesthetic, I look at myself and it's beautiful"

lol

in a possible weird way, i like it lol. also always great when on of the world's top climbers wear it. rolland is in great form and those big gear attacks of him are beautiful

another nice stage with a surprising result. gerrans sprinted very very fast.

by the way,trivia guys, who was the last rider to win in the tour a MTF and a bunch sprint?:confused:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Indeed, and he just pretty much confirmed he just let go on the last climb. Heck it was even known before the tour he was no leader. And still people are suprised. Love the uninformed july crowd :eek:

If you dont follow all the news greatly, you could easily miss that news tbf on all.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Indeed, and he just pretty much confirmed he just let go on the last climb. Heck it was even known before the tour he was no leader. And still people are suprised. Love the uninformed july crowd :eek:
He was suffering yesterday as well. I think it's pretty clear he's not in a great shape. Yes, he let go today, but he'd never do that if he had an easy day.

I certainly can't see him winning a stage, which seems to be his goal.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Very good decision by him actually I think. He badly needs a win, and his best chance of one could lay in going with the breakaway on a later stage.