2013 Tour de France, Stage 4: Nice / Nice 25km (TTT)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Geraint Too Fast said:
Greenedge, stage wins, buses.

There's a joke in there somewhere.
Something along the lines of OGE have finally worked out how to beat the peloton over the line without the use of a bus...

Apr 28, 2011
Nice quote from Dag Otte Lauritsen on norwegian TV2 today when Orica was getting close to the finish line:

"They got two stage victorys already. The bus take the first stage, Gerrans yesterday and now seems like they take the third one on the time trial" :D:D

Mar 10, 2009
roundabout said:
Kristoff, Brutt, Smukulis, Kuschynski all good riders for the TTT

ALM on the other hand only have Peraud and Riblon
And AG2R probably had to slow down a bit so Gadret could hang on. Probably could've gone 20 s faster without him.

I think FDJ is a winner here too. Did better than expected and limited their losses nicely. Could've been a lot worse for Pinot.

GC Favorites
Simon GERRANS AUS OGE (ref)
Christopher FROOME GBR SKY +3
Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO ESP TST +9
Jurgen VAN DEN BROECK BEL LTB +17
Ryder HESJEDAL CAN GRS +17
Andrew TALANSKY USA GRS +17
Alejandro VALVERDE BELMONTE ESP MOV +20
Nairo Alexander QUINTANA ROJAS COL MOV +20
Cadel EVANS AUS BMC +27
Tejay VAN GARDEREN USA BMC +27
Joaquin RODRIGUEZ OLIVER ESP KAT +28
Andy SCHLECK LUX RLT +29
Bauke MOLLEMA NED BEL +37
Thibaut PINOT FRA FDJ +42
Pierre ROLLAND FRA EUC +1.13

Sep 8, 2009
chapeau to the aussie machines! great to watch how they were working
sick average speed even it was a short time trial.almost 58 km/h is something huge. discovery in 2005 was more impressive though even if they had 80% of the time strong tailwind

thomas rides like a hero gotta say. impressed by saxo, lampre and lotto too.

Jan 11, 2010
Geraint Thomas... what a warrior. Great ride by that team, considering.

Fair play to Greenedge, although with a non-crippled Tony Martin, Steegmans, Cav, and Terpstra I think we'd have seen a different winner. I liked how the Belgian commentator said 'sh.t' when Greenedge crossed the line, they must really like Steegmans because otherwise the team is not that Belgian.

b.broadhurst said:
When did Gesink lose 9mins and how?
yesterday because 1) he's not in form 2) he's not here for gc 3) so the moment he knew he didn't feel well, he didn't bother, saving energy for the rest of thes tages
today he looked good though, one of the few belkins that actually went fast i think

Sep 9, 2009
Bavarianrider said:
Tomorrow will be the key.
Guys like Chavanel will certainly try something in the final of the stage. It's still only a second.
Chavanel will try to pull Tony in to a good position for a leadout.

Aug 16, 2011
Bavarianrider said:
Chavanel will certainly have a go.
Tomorow is not really your typical Cavendish stage. especially wen you consider his health issues.
Yeah, agree. Chavanel has been attacking a lot so far trying to get a stage win. Tomorrow I think actually presents a good opportunity for a late attacker like chavanel to go away in the final for the win more then it present an opportunity for sprinters like Cav.

Jul 6, 2010
Why is Rui Costa listed as losing 26 mins today on CN? Surely he would've been HDd? He was @ 1 second in the GC after yesterday and is @ 26 mins plus today :s

ASK THE COMMUNITY