• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de Suisse, Stage 1: Quinto - Quinto 8.1KM

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Shame about the wind, but good win for Cam Meyer nonetheless. He was one of the names on the startlist that I thought could do well (should have posted that in my first post :eek:).

Didn't see the stage yet, was Tejay one of the guys affected by the wind? I hope so, cause he did pretty bad if he wasn't.

Afrank said:
Shame about the wind, but good win for Cam Meyer nonetheless. He was one of the names on the startlist that I thought could do well (should have posted that in my first post :eek:).

Didn't see the stage yet, was Tejay one of the guys affected by the wind? I hope so, cause he did pretty bad if he wasn't.

He was but he didn't do all that great imo as he lost time to Costa who rode in the same conditions and is a weaker time trialist.

Yes he was.

For all that couldn't watch: the change in wind conditions was really crazy. The first bunch of starters had tailwind on the exposed airfield and headwind in the village when shielded by houses. Mid-race the wind turned around 180°, now the headwind was on the airfield so the riders were completely exposed to it. It was so strong it blew over some of the promo thingies.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Glad that his has some sort of excuse for his performance then. Agree, still not very good, but better than it would be if he hadn't been affected.

Edit:mad:screaming fist, thanks for the description of the wind. Cancellara's placings especially makes a lot more sense knowing it was that strong.

Parrulo said:
He was but he didn't do all that great imo as he lost time to Costa who rode in the same conditions and is a weaker time trialist.

Not only Costa, he also lost time to Mollema relatively. And Cancellara, and others.. etc
You cannot compare. The wind was worse in the 1st part and maybe a bit better in the 2nd part (but not enough to compensate the 1st part)

edit: Mollema and Costa both faster than V Garderen as well.