• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de Suisse, Stage 3: Montreux - Meiringen 204.9 km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
kreuziger will never attack anyway

I think you owe him a little apology today. And there was some AGR if you mind, I think he decided it be attack.
Today he made a race, most agressive rider.

theyoungest said:
Indeed. If this was his bad day, for Mollema's standards that's actually very good. Usually he completely bombs on a bad day.

I wish we had a Rui Costa in Holland though. Not the most talented rider in the peloton, but so smart. Always in the right moves. Always at the right position.

Yeah,Rui Costa is cunning....as cunning as the fox who became the Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.(in the immortal words of Edmund Blackadder):D

Well, it appears my hitch from the afternoon was right. I wouldn't complain if it was right more often.
Now seriously, given the profile of following stages, do you think he could repeat four stage wins from last year? What's going to stop him from doing that? The only thing I can think of is peloton not working and break taking the wins.

tomorrow said:
Well, it appears my hitch from the afternoon was right. I wouldn't complain if it was right more often.
Now seriously, given the profile of following stages, do you think he could repeat four stage wins from last year? What's going to stop him from doing that? The only thing I can think of is peloton not working and break taking the wins.
He was sprinting surprisingly badly in ToC though (not that he was bad, just not dominant), so might be a couple of sprinters here who can beat him if he screws up a bit, e.g. Demare, Kristoff, Boonen or even Haussler.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I know, but you don't know the Dutch press. They would still question him every day and every performance.

Yeah just like they do with Weening, all the Rabobank riders that were also riding for that team in the dark years etc. Cut the crap please, you know as well as I do that they only do that with foreigners when it fits their agenda.

Ramira said:
He should have been able to, Cancellara and Tony Martin did well there too. I think the real question to him winning something like Suisse is whether he could recover after going 100% to stay with people in the mountains.

The really real question is if he will ever give a **** about winning the GC of a race like Suisse. He's not going to win it half-assed, but if he semi-peaks for it?...

Great stage and impressive by Sagan!

Was I the only one who noticed that there were no podium girls with Sagan? All the others had podium girls. Sagan seemed to have a podium girl who might be his mum though, and Sherlock Holmes of course.

Is this typical for the stage winner in TDS or is this a precaution reserved for Sagan?:D

tomorrow said:
Well, you never know with him. But yeah, it seems to be wise to save the energy for the upcoming stages. But, also, you never know how the peloton will pace itself on the climb. I would say, that he should stay in the peloton and wait how it goes. If it is too fast, than rest, if it's ok for him then he should try. Also 30 - 60 s on the top of the hill might not be enough for the first guys on him. That needs to be taken into account too when talking about him being a factor.

good call ;)

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3m
hesjedal is bruised & cut up but team say "no fractures and no neurological pathologies" + "he may be able to train in a few days time"

Arnout said:
Yeah just like they do with Weening, all the Rabobank riders that were also riding for that team in the dark years etc. Cut the crap please, you know as well as I do that they only do that with foreigners when it fits their agenda.
This is nonsense. Erik Dekker barely dares to open his mouth against the press anymore.

Parrulo said:
There is more to talent then simple physical capabilities . . .
Yes. And Rui Costa has those other qualities. Of course he's also quite talented physically.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
NattyTerp said:
the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3m
hesjedal is bruised & cut up but team say "no fractures and no neurological pathologies" + "he may be able to train in a few days time"

Very good news, should be good for the Tour then. :)