• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of California: Stage 2: Murrieta - Palm Springs (199 Km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Roderick said:
Beating one guy means everything ofcourse. Oh no wait, Deignan,Frank and Bushe are also the world's greatest climbers

maybe you missed it but deignan, frnak and busche were all dropped big time by van garderen and acevedo so no. but kee[ on hating my friend. the truth hurts :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Inquitus said:
And he'll finish behind TJ and Deighnan here. He lost what 2 mins on that final stage of the Gila, the main climbing stage....

do you even know how gila queenstage is? it's multiple mountians so without teammates and many attacks acevedo was f'd however california is always final climbfinish and bmc will control anyway.

Ryo Hazuki said:
maybe you missed it but deignan, frnak and busche were all dropped big time by van garderen and acevedo so no. but kee[ on hating my friend. the truth hurts :)

Deighnan lost like 27 secs? Since when was that dropped big time, and he went for it 4km out, and that columbian can't TT for ****, enjoy your columbian Myopia.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

???

I'm saying that Van Garderen was the only decent climber up there he beat. But keep on overrating southern americans as much as you like. Winning a stage in a thousand degrees with such an insane steep finish against complete nodbodies says it all

Inquitus said:
And he'll finish behind TJ and Deighnan here. He lost what 2 mins on that final stage of the Gila, the main climbing stage....

In fairness, UHC and Mancebo did gang up on him on the final day in Gila and put 3 minutes into him but of course Ryo is over-hyping as usual.

Phil Deignan is in the best shape he has been since his Vuelta win but really if you are finishing behind him in a TT, then no you are not a good TT rider.

Someone said it earlier but the field here is not the strongest, the US based riders are mostly going better than the Euro's. Most of the Euro's are not interested and the Shack no longer have their twin baldies.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Inquitus said:
Deighnan lost like 27 secs? Since when was that dropped big time, and he went for it 4km out, and that columbian can't TT for ****, enjoy your columbian Myopia.

lol. enjoy your hating man. you are a sad figure :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
In fairness, UHC and Mancebo did gang up on him on the final day in Gila and put 3 minutes into him but of course Ryo is over-hyping as usual.

Phil Deignan is in the best shape he has been since his Vuelta win but really if you are finishing behind him in a TT, then no you are not a good TT rider.

Someone said it earlier but the field here is not the strongest, the US based riders are mostly going better than the Euro's. Most of the Euro's are not interested and the Shack no longer have their twin baldies.

maybe what you don't seem to understand is that gila itt this year was very hard. california itt this year is even harde.r I said acevedo cna do well on hard itt's deignan can too, maybe read before making yourself a joke :rolleyes:

Utterly brutal. 44 C, no shade. I mean I ran a half last year at 23 C and that felt hot enough, 44 C and a climb like that - jeepers hope half the peloton don't have heatstroke now.

Noone looked like they were taking on nearly enough water, people should have been drinking pretty much 100% up that climb.

TRENDING THREADS