• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of California: Stage 5: Santa Barbara-Avila Beach (185 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
40 secs

Front group:

Voigt, Irizar, Meyer, Sagan, Farrar, TJVG, Schar, Docker, Rogers, Candelario, Cooke, Matthews, De Gendt, Jorgensen, McCarthy, Hushovd, Busche

So, Mancebo, Deignan, Acevedo, Haga, Craddock, all miss out.

Strong break and TJ, Rogers, and Meyer all with teammates.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Lance Armstrong said:
Because Sagan has no chance against 4 OGE riders? There will be a lot of attacks in the last 10kms.

so you improve by bringing back the peloton and cooking his helpers in the process?
i am sceptical. There will be attacks, fair enough, but Sagan does not take a lot of turns, I see him attacking, why shouldn't he, he attacked in the classics too

Roude Leiw said:
so you improve by bringing back the peloton and cooking his helpers in the process?
i am sceptical. There will be attacks, fair enough, but Sagan does not take a lot of turns, I see him attacking, why shouldn't he, he attacked in the classics too

Cannondale have 6 riders there, only 2 were really chasing. And now it seems they stopped completely. Sure, anything can happen.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Conversely, Michael Rogers is soft pedaling every turn--and briefly at that
Yeah, I'm not sure TJ is the most intelligent racer. Hardly worth killing yourself to put 20 extra seconds into Acevedo.

I don't think it'll matter though, with this field.

TRENDING THREADS