• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Qatar (3rd-8th February), 2.HC

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Betting against Cav today wouldn't be a horrible idea.

The overall is his, it's early in the season and OPQS won't want him injured, he may just sit up if things get a bit hairy or settle for a minor place.

I still think he'll win it, just there's a better chance today someone like Guardini might sneak it from him.

of course cav will sprint again today. it would be bad idea to bet against him, although odds are good

GyMvS5X.png

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Looked like Viviani was finally somewhere near the front when sprinting, but it didn't help him much :p

Didn't see whether he just sucked or got bboxed in or something, but I expected a lot from him after he was in the front echelon in stage 1 and did great in the peloton sprint that stage. However, crappy position and a team that didn't bring him to the front made sure he never got a chance to sprint in all these stages, now he finally was at the front, but still let me down. :(

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Looked like Viviani was finally somewhere near the front when sprinting, but it didn't help him much :p

Didn't see whether he just sucked or got bboxed in or something, but I expected a lot from him after he was in the front echelon in stage 1 and did great in the peloton sprint that stage. However, crappy position and a team that didn't bring him to the front made sure he never got a chance to sprint in all these stages, now he finally was at the front, but still let me down. :(

That's the thing though, for the likes of Cav, Guardini, Degenkolb etc. the race was over. As soon as something is worth fighting for you'll see him going backwards.

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Wish Carlton Kirby would stop dissing EBH. He was leading out Eisel for christ sake thats why he went backwards in the last 200. Same with yesterday as they went with Rowe

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I can see what you mean with him coming off EBH's wheel but it was a bit of a long shot to try and get Eisel on the podium on a flat stage like this with no wind would have been better to lead out EBH surely to try and take the stage?

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
HiCadence said:
I can see what you mean with him coming off EBH's wheel but it was a bit of a long shot to try and get Eisel on the podium on a flat stage like this with no wind would have been better to lead out EBH surely to try and take the stage?

Surely more of a long shot to get EBH the win than it was to get Eisel third? Eddie just doesn't have it in these sort of sprints anymore.

TRENDING THREADS