• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Volta ao Algarve (14th-17th February), 2.1

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Der Effe said:
Oh, I definitely agree. But it did just strike me as funny. Twitter is nice when you actually have something interesting to say but most people talking about how they just took a c*ap or tied their shoelaces is just an insult to any form of life.

agreed 100%

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Cavendish probably just gave up sprinting when he saw how much faster Bos was. And then faked a mechanical problem

Boonen used to fake mechanical problems all the time when he was beaten in sprints. It's a common OPQS tactic

Can just picture Mark with his hand in the air looking back at the team car :D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
HiCadence said:
Your implying that it was game over for HTC when Cav left? That's what i see here but that isn't true it was game over for HTC when the sponsors pulled the plug Cav only left after the team announced it was folding

Unless i got the wrong end of the stick here then i apologise.

the only reason htc folded was because their american boss, forgot his name, who also did womans team. wanted a bigger sponsor than any other in cycling, he did find substitutes for htc that wanted to do 10-15 million budget but he wanted more or nothing, so it ended up nothing. glad the team folded though, amongs many things they have damaged the name columbia/colombia in horrible ways

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Cavendish probably just gave up sprinting when he saw how much faster Bos was. And then faked a mechanical problem

Boonen used to fake mechanical problems all the time when he was beaten in sprints. It's a common OPQS tactic

:eek: :eek:

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the only reason htc folded was because their american boss, forgot his name, who also did womans team. wanted a bigger sponsor than any other in cycling, he did find substitutes for htc that wanted to do 10-15 million budget but he wanted more or nothing, so it ended up nothing. glad the team folded though, amongs many things they have damaged the name columbia/colombia in horrible ways

Bob Stapleton i think.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Blanco isn't sellable, today's win of Bos won't make it to the Dutch general public. Some old fart's doping story will.

it's hilarious and can't say I feel any bad about it as I hate rabo so much that they are finall out of cycling and now they win a lot but nobody cares anymore. it's all too little too late

Ryo Hazuki said:
it's hilarious and can't say I feel any bad about it as I hate rabo so much that they are finall out of cycling and now they win a lot but nobody cares anymore. it's all too little too late
Yes, we know how you love the ol' Rabobank :)

It's interesting, because almost all the guys you hated seem to have left? Except Frans Maassen, and the Condor of Varsseveld of course.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yes and look now, they are doing much better this year, now only need to get rid of gesink and some others like loser leon, graeme clown, maassen(!!) and few more. although they got zeeman now and he;s an idiot too, about as bad as delahaye

Ok, enough of these bunch sprints. Here comes the real deal. Stage 3:

thumb_uc_195904_506_Hoehenprofil_Volta_ao_Algarve_2013_-_Etappe_3.jpg

Favorite terrain. Hilly all the way. Now we just need some riders to step up the game and deliver the show.

oh and what the hell, Machado FTW.

Dazed and Confused said:
Ok, enough of these bunch sprints. Here comes the real deal. Stage 3:

thumb_uc_195904_506_Hoehenprofil_Volta_ao_Algarve_2013_-_Etappe_3.jpg

Favorite terrain. Hilly all the way. Now we just need some riders to step up the game and deliver the show.

oh and what the hell, Machado FTW.
Given their current streak, I think Kelderman is certain to win this one ;)

But realistically, Henao will probably kill them all.