• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 11: Tarazona→Tarazona TT (38.8km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 11: Tarazona→Tarazona TT (38.8km)

mapa11.jpg

profile-11.jpg

Profile with gradients, thanks to Netserk for the profile.
B78Kd.jpg

etp11.gif

Weather: There will be sunny weather at general in this time trial stage Tarazona-Tarazona, with some clouds in the climb and the descent of Moncayo High.

Winds: The wind will be light in all this route. It will blow from the East and Southeast in all this itinerary, therefore it will be against the cyclists and from left side from Tarazona to Moncayo High, becoming from right side and favourable for the riders from Moncayo High to Tarazona.

Temperatures: 27 and 28ºC at the start and for the end in Tarazona, decreasing progressively down to 22ºC in Moncayo High. Dry air.

Start times: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1328717&postcount=47

General Classification after Stage 10
1. Christopher HORNER RLT 40:29:14
2. Vincenzo NIBALI AST 43
3. Nicolas ROCHE TST 53
4. Alejandro VALVERDE MOV +1:02
5. Joaquin RODRIGUEZ KAT +1:40
6. Daniel MORENO KAT +2:04
7. Ivan BASSO CAN +2:20
8. Thibaut PINOT FDJ +3:11
9. Rafal MAJKA TST +3:16
10. Domenico POZZOVIVO ALM +3:28

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Martin vs Cance for the stage
Nibbles to take approx. 1 min on the Spaniards
Horner to either go full genius and put time into everyone or crack and lose several minutes

May 19, 2011
Visit site
fraserhughes said:
Martin vs Cance for the stage
Nibbles to take approx. 1 min on the Spaniards
Horner to either go full genius and put time into everyone or crack and lose several minutes

never gonna happen on this course

May 19, 2011
Visit site
fraserhughes said:
Partly tongue in cheek. Think he'll either have a great day or a really bad one. He's doesn't seem to do average! ;)

I agree with that, he will do a decent ITT top ten, but still lose red to Nibali. If the course is 20K or less, Horner will most likely retain the red.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Descender said:
That profile is wrong. The climb is not raced to the top, and that looks like the side they're using to descend.

I wasn't sure if it was the correct profile or not, my bad.

Does anyone have a correct profile I can edit into the OP?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Horner is being honest;)

”I’m not sure what can happen there, it’s been a couple of years since I’ve had a good time trial and I expect I’ll lose the lead to Nibali there,” he said. “Sometimes, sometimes,” he said, repeating the word to emphasise its rarity, “I do a good TT, though.” As was the case when he took one of his best wins so far, the Vuelta al País Vasco back in 2010.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
I agree with that, he will do a decent ITT top ten, but still lose red to Nibali. If the course is 20K or less, Horner will most likely retain the red.

Agree, Nibali has been pretty strong in the time trial this year. I think he could make some decent gains on Horner and the other GC contenders.

TRENDING THREADS