• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 14: Bagá → Andorra. Collada de la Gallina (155.7 Km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Horners gear ratios were like Sayers at the Tour of Turkey. Nibali must of found that experience in the last 4 k kind of surreal, though looking OK for the Worlds for him.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
No he doesn't. Henao was just too good, too early in the season. Sky's training doesn't work well everytime, that much is clear. By april Henao was one of the best scoring riders in the World Tour and CQ ranking... After that it was all downhill.

In the first months he was terrific in Algarve, Basque, Fleche and Amstel. In the Giro he went already downhill, but he had a couple of rest months and did a fairly good Tour of Poland (5th), so you could expect a good GC from Henao.

Henao had some good results in the early months last year (couple of good placings in Basque country, 9th in the Giro), and combined that with a splendid Vuelta in service of Froome, and a really strong Lombardia (5th) and Poland (3rd), so he definitely can perform the whole year.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
No he doesn't. Henao was just too good, too early in the season. Sky's training doesn't work well everytime, that much is clear. By april Henao was one of the best scoring riders in the World Tour and CQ ranking... After that it was all downhill.
Even with that good start, that does not explain this bad performance IMO.

I want to understand the "overtrained" concept that some of fans or riders are relating with the Sky team.

Arredondo said:
André Cardoso is riding better, 14th on the stage. I really hope he can fight for a stage win in the coming stages.

Henao is a real mystery. He's riding absolutely horrific, he has to wait a couple of GT till he gets a leading role again.

Its a shame Cardoso is so inconsistent and so terrible on the ITT (lost 7 minutes to canc)

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Ya remember how easily he dropped Costa on Malhão? We didn't really took a notice of it, but in insight and taking into account the way Costa has been climbing, Henao was probably close to top form by then. :eek:

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
i just checked the official site, and they have only listed 159 riders so far. with the last person coming in at 34'30" down.

within two and a half minutes, if others dont come in, then we are looking at 11 riders being timedout.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
Abandons today as far as I know

Sanchez, Westra, Poels, Nueyns, Basso, Henderson, J Vanendert, Van de Walle, Zubeldia

zubeldia????? oh no.... another good rider for the cq game gone :(

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
when they heard that their future is secure, suddenly the carrots are shoing the face everywhere.

sammy sanchez has climbed to 11th overall. today was his second top-10 finish. he comes in top-10 for 3 more stages, and he might just enter the top-5 category

murali said:
sammy sanchez has climbed to 11th overall. today was his second top-10 finish. he comes in top-10 for 3 more stages, and he might just enter the top-5 category
Typical for Samu in GTs - crap and/or unlucky in the first week and by the time he's ridden himself in form he's out of the running for the podium spots...

murali said:
when they heard that their future is secure, suddenly the carrots are shoing the face everywhere.

Samu always rides himself into form as a GT wears on, it's just that as he gets older it takes a bit longer and he can't hold onto the form as long so he doesn't arrive in as good form as he used to.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
but he always makes me ask the question: will he or wont he?

atleast for the sake of the new team, i want him and nieve to do well here.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
roundabout said:
Kreder and Elissonde other DNFs

anyone else to make that list?

i am struggling to figure out who are teh guys that are kicked out after today's stage.

i just hope that the commissaiers consider today's climate, and allow those who come late to continue.

Those not listed in the current results list

KREUZIGER, Roman
ZUBELDIA, Haimar
ELISSONDE, Kenny
BESSY, Cyril
SANCHEZ, Luis Leon
CHAINEL, Steve
POELS, Wouter
WESTRA, Lieuwe
BASSO, Ivan
VANENDERT, Jelle
VAN DE WALLE, Jurgen
HENDERSON, Gregory
SINKELDAM, Ramon
GERRANS, Simon
BEWLEY, Sam
NUYENS, Nick
KREDER, Michel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Eyeballs Out said:
Those not listed in the current results list

KREUZIGER, Roman
ZUBELDIA, Haimar
ELISSONDE, Kenny
BESSY, Cyril
SANCHEZ, Luis Leon
CHAINEL, Steve
POELS, Wouter
WESTRA, Lieuwe
BASSO, Ivan
VANENDERT, Jelle
VAN DE WALLE, Jurgen
HENDERSON, Gregory
SINKELDAM, Ramon
GERRANS, Simon
BEWLEY, Sam
NUYENS, Nick
KREDER, Michel

simon gerrans was a DNS. roundabout listed 9 riders.

if the lotto riders had reached the finish, i think they might get a penalty and be continued to race. otherwise that team will have only 4 riders left

btw, how long do we have to wait for the official results to come.

murali said:
simon gerrans was a DNS. roundabout listed 9 riders.

if the lotto riders had reached the finish, i think they might get a penalty and be continued to race. otherwise that team will have only 4 riders left

btw, how long do we have to wait for the official results to come.

So what if the team would only have 4? Gerolsteiner recorded a DNF in the teams classification of the '08 Giro because only 2 riders finished. Euskaltel only had 3. At the 2011 Volta a Portugal Danail Petrov, riding for Konya Törku-Seker Spor (THAT Turkish team), was the only rider left on his team after the Senhora da Graça stage and rode a week on his own.

TRENDING THREADS