• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 15: Andorra → Peyragudes (224.9 Km)

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 15: Andorra → Peyragudes (224.9 Km)

Longest stage.

15_perfil.png

Port del Cantó
http://www.lavuelta.com/13/imgrecorrido/15_puerto_1.png

Port de la Bonaigua
http://www.lavuelta.com/13/imgrecorrido/15_puerto_2.png

Port de Balés
15_puerto_3.png

Peyresourde + Peyragudes
15_puerto_4.png

Weather (mwahahaha):

etp15.gif

Weather: There will be mostly cloudy and overcast sky, with a very variable weather on the stage. There will be rains showers in the mountain highs and at general after La Bonaigua High, and with heavy rain and thunderstorm in the last part of the stage. Fog in the mountain highs of the stage.

Winds: The wind will be light in almost all this route. It will blow from variable directions. It will be contrary at first, from left side later in Cantó High, favourable later as far as La Bonaigua High, contrary later as far as Mauléon de Barousse and favourable later as far as the arrival.

Temperatures: Oscillating between the mild 21ºC in the lowest stretch of the stage and the coolest 9ºC in the summit of La Bonaigua High.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Either another lone survivor from the break like today or Lo Squalo swims away from everyone.

Hopefully we get to see most of the stage.

I think a lot depends on who's gonna control tomorrow and what the break is gonna look like. If Horner is ever gonna drop Nibali, these are not the climbs to do it, cause he's not explosive enough to get a gap quickly. This stage might turn out to be a disappointment.

I think Katusha will go for it tomorrow. Big chance Purito will have given up on red, but he's seen Valverde is vulnerable, so he'll try to knock him of the podium.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
with the weather I expect lots of DNS from riders who don't want to screw the end of the season with a pneumonia : 225kms with 4 big climbs all with rain... tomorrow evening there will be again 15 to 20 riders less.. Big big carnage.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
anotehr day for the break, i guess.

The big question though is, how many will not start tomorrow? how many will be able to recover enough for tomorrow.

The only thing i am certain is that txurruka wont attack tomorrow. if he feels he is strong enugh to do it, then he is going to be our new vino within 2 years.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Red Rick said:
It's also a massive differnce to the tactics that Nibali will only have to watch one enemy tomorrow

Nibali will be forced to watch others, becoz i think purito will try to do something in the next two days.

No point to pay so much attention to Valv words after the stage. He was unlucky, tired, cold probably so he said what he said. Tommorow is another day and he still looks like one of the three strongest guys on this race. Better focus on that instead of words said right after finishing the stage.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
any chance for a nibali win tomorrow?

if nibali is going to win this vuelta, i would rather having win at least one stage.

btw, am i the only person who feels that this stage is taken from the books of TdF?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
murali said:
any chance for a nibali win tomorrow?

if nibali is going to win this vuelta, i would rather having win at least one stage.

btw, am i the only person who feels that this stage is taken from the books of TdF?

If you watched any of this year's Giro then you'd know what a ridiculously hard man Nibali is--if the weather is anything like predicted, then there's a great chance he'll win the stage (and even if the weather is fine, too). I'd say this stage was taken from from the books of the Giro--not some tailored, manicured TdF stage-book.

TRENDING THREADS