• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 21: Leganés/Parquesur→Madrid (110 Km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
2013 Vuelta a España, Stage 21: Leganés/Parquesur→Madrid (110 Km)

mapa21.jpg

21_perfil.png

1uk.png

etp21.gif

Weather: There will be sunny weather at general in this last stage of La Vuelta 2013 with some clouds at the sky at some moments.

Winds: The wind will be light in all this stage. It will blow from West and Northwest in almost all this journey. It will be very variable for the riders because this very variable itinerary.

Temperatures: They will be hot in this last stage. They will range from 27ºC to 29ºC.

What to expect: A sprint, even with the sprinters teams being drastically reduced for the most part, they would have to be in especially bad shape not to be able to pull it back together for a bunch sprint on a pan flat stage like this.

So the usual sprint contenders: Matthews, Farrar, Richeze, etc.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
Is anyone else hoping Nibali attacks and goes for the overall win tomorrow? Or is that just me? :D

I always think about this on the last stage of ever GC, not one of those 2nd place riders ever try's something... why not? Its racing why not give it a go, but no instead its sit in and eat the 2nd place or other placing.

Afrank said:
Is anyone else hoping Nibali attacks and goes for the overall win tomorrow? Or is that just me? :D

I think there is some unwritten rule that it is not done. Nibali may stick his nose out in the wind to see if Horner is paying attention but with no real intent.

Radioshack may have some verbal agreements with other teams to pull back any Nibali break too.

movingtarget said:
On paper I agree. But not much in this race has gone to script. EBH and Matthews would be keen as well as a few others. Would like to see the Carrots win a stage but the odds are against it on this stage you would think.

Euskaltel have been absolutely horrible this race. And not just have the riders been bad, their tactics have been disastrous as well. I hope they'll get a stage victory here as well, but it's probably not gonna happen even though I think this won't be between the sprinters.