2013 Vuelta a Espana, Stage 19: S. Vicente Barquera / Oviedo.Alto Naranco (181km)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
Konovalovas said:
And if Rod or Valv attacks?
Horner is easily capable of countering them..

Valverde is not a threat anyway..

Purito is, but still Horner cant counter him mostly.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
murali said:
tactically, he must be counting on it.

Astana still has the full team, while RLT has already lost Cancellara.

advantage nibali.
A team is only as strong as their leader though (especially when it comes to Angliru), and at the moment Horner is looking much stronger.
 
Jul 18, 2013
69
0
0
murali said:
tactically, he must be counting on it.

Astana still has the full team, while RLT has already lost Cancellara.

advantage nibali.
going up Alto de L´Angliru I don't think having a full team is going to matter, besides, all Horner has to do is stalk Nibali but I think, Horner probably should be worried about others from How Nibalie is riding
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
theyoungest said:
You think Purito will make up 2 minutes on the Angliru? Keep dreaming. Maybe if they hang the red flag at the beginning of the climb ;)
everything depends on nibali and valv; and horner having a bad day.

1 and 2 can flip. valv can be beaten by purito.valv and purito could beat nibali.

anything is possible.

when was the last time, a top-5 GT was decided at the very last stage.
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
horner cannot play defensive as valv is only 1 min down, and in angliru 2 min is not enough, let alone a lone min.
 
murali said:
everything depends on nibali and valv; and horner having a bad day.

1 and 2 can flip. valv can be beaten by purito.valv and purito could beat nibali.

anything is possible.

when was the last time, a top-5 GT was decided at the very last stage.
Is it allowed to "race" on last stage to Madrid? Was any GT decided in last stage?
 
Jul 18, 2013
69
0
0
murali said:
horner cannot play defensive as valv is only 1 min down, and in angliru 2 min is not enough, let alone a lone min.
Agreed, he will of course have to follow Nibali but if valverde or even Rodriguez jumps he will have to respond
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
the only thin sure about this vuelta is that valverde will take points jersey. 14 pt lead over roche, and 19 over j-rod. at least there is a high probability for that.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
SKSemtex said:
Is it allowed to "race" on last stage to Madrid? Was any GT decided in last stage?
It would be frowned upon most likely, but who cares if they others don't like it! There's no rule against racing on the last day. If a GC contender tried to win it on the last day they would forever become one of my favorite riders.
 
Nov 26, 2012
3,216
0
0
SKSemtex said:
Is it allowed to "race" on last stage to Madrid? Was any GT decided in last stage?
last stage for GC race is the penultimate stage.

but to answer your question, yes. the veterans can clarify it. i only remember about lemond-henault case.

EDIT: they have already done it.
 
Jul 9, 2009
7,026
0
0
murali said:
last stage for GC race is the penultimate stage.

but to answer your question, yes. the veterans can clarify it. i only remember about lemond-henault case.
LeMond-Fignon
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY