• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta a Espana, Stage 19: S. Vicente Barquera / Oviedo.Alto Naranco (181km)

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
mapa19.jpg

19_perfil.png

6.8km - 5.8%

19uk.png

1, Vincenzo Nibali (Astana Pro Team) 73 hours 39 mins 35 secs
2, Christopher Horner (RadioShack Leopard) at 3 secs
3, Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Movistar Team) at 1 min 9 secs
4, Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Katusha) at 2 mins 24 secs
5, Nicolas Roche (Team Saxo-Tinkoff) at 3 mins 43 secs
6, Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale) at 5 mins 44 secs
7, Thibaut Pinot (FDJ) at 6 mins 14 secs
8, Leopold Konig (Team NetApp-Endura) at 6 mins 35 secs
9, Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) at 7 mins 51 secs
10, Tanel Kangert (Astana Pro Team) at 11 mins 10 secs

Will Horner be in red at the end?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Angrilu the next day, GC guys to take the day off to prepare for it. Break to survive, no serious gaps between GC contenders.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing about Naranco, it's not a difficult climb but the last kms are usually a problem for GC. Horner could get the red jersey tomorrow.

naranco.png

Note: the finnish is where it says "Meta Vuelta Ciclista a España".

Been amazing to see how Nibali has been breaking down on all the climbs in the last week. Most people thought Horner would break in the last week and the initial form would simply fizzle out. Tables turned totally. NIbs breaking down everywhere.

Horner in the Red!

roundabout said:
party like it's 1997

etapa14.gif

a properly carbureted rider could get time even on the last climb, but that was the 90's

eye on Huzarski should he get in the break...

if katusha goes as yesterday, for sure. i think naranco is too easy for papy. so purito will get it as on formigal.
to be honest i hope nibali won't lose red today so we can see chris going full gas on angliru. but most likely he will lose another 10 seconds to chris today

should be a great showdown once again...vicioso+dani moreno+purito:eek::cool:

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Horner for red today, Naranco last 3 km are hard enough to get some seconds.

Purito just not on his best, so i think he will likely wait for the Angliru and try to do a good job there, finish 4th, and rest for next year, where he will win the Giro;)

Pantani_lives said:
Spectacular would be if Valverde or even Nibali attacked before the final climb, but I don't see it happening. They'll be saving their legs for tomorrow.

no point in saving legs for tomorrow unless they're riding for podium. Lets see if Nibbles is brave enough to go for the gutsy attack. I doubt it but one could hope.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
what is the point in the top-3 guys attacking today?
wont they rather conserve energy today, and go for the ultimate showdown tomorrow?

Is Hoogerland or Flecha in this vuelta?

katusha is crazy if they think they can pull them back...20 guys up front

breakaway wins again...katusha will attack on naranco for sure.also probably horner too. it's not like they lack energy so why waiting for angliru?10 minutes effort on naranco, no big deal

and yes this is the stage i expect the most in this edition just because naranco is so full of history. i hope there will be as always tons of people cheering the riders

i would like katusha to catch them until the end but i doubt it

TRENDING THREADS