• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco, Stage 1: Elgoibar - Elgoibar 156.5 KM

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Vuelta-Ciclista-al-Pais-Vasco-Stage-1-1363982519.png

Who will win this? The first of 4 stage wins for Porte?

GC action? Maybe, let's hope the descent is technical. What's the weather gonna be like btw?

Hi all from the Basque Country

Miburo said:
GC action? Maybe, let's hope the descent is technical. What's the weather gonna be like btw?

The descent is quite difficult, mostly when the road is wet. There is a high possibility of heavy rain during this first stage. We will keep an eye on 5th and 6th stage, because there is a chance of having some falling snow in them

BTW, the name of the town is Elgoibar, it's Basque, not Spanish, so the "el" it's not an article in this case.

it's raining here and expects rain whole day. Considering this, the stage is very demanding, the pair Endoia (3 km 11%) and Azurki (known here as Little Mortirolo) will just kill some legs. Then inmediately Calvario.

San Miguel is a well know climb, they go with big gear there, descent is tricky... Sammy Sanchez for the win today

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Very though combo of climb in the middle of the stage, probably there won't be any action since those two climbs are pretty far from the finish but they will certainly leave some pain in the leg of the riders that will be felt in that last bump.

Expecting something from Samu and Cunego in the final.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What's going on with Flo?
I've expected 50% of all posts here to be hers.
Her activity dropped significantly, and while I could understand it in threads unrelated to Contador, I can't get it here.
I'm starting to worry. Don't lose your faith, Flo!

As for the race and the stage, Schleck is riding and it should be good training for him. Would be encouraging to see some improvement. Besides Schleck, Leopard's bringing a nice gang there.
After the campaign on the Mediterranean Sky's leading force, no doubt.
But I think there's enough individual quality in the rest of the teams, also.

This stage could be good for Samuel Sanchez, but I'm not sure about his form yet.
Maybe Cunego. He was good lately.

serfla said:
What's going on with Flo?
I've expected 50% of all posts here to be hers.
Her activity dropped significantly, and while I could understand it in threads unrelated to Contador, I can't get it here.
I'm starting to worry. Don't lose your faith, Flo!

It's better this way... trust me.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Contador has good legs i think he'll attack. That's how he is.

He can be real great at these kinda climbs, look a gap in tour '11.

I think Contador is at his best at 6% climbs