• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 4th Tour of Beijing, October 10 to 14 (WT)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
Currently 2:10 pm in Beijing, race presumably well underway: no coverage, no interest, or all forum numbers asleep/hurrying out to work?

100km covered by the leaders Van Der Sande (LTB), Kern (ALM), Roy (FDJ) +3:20 #ToB2014 67km remaining to Zhangjiakou.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Fight.The.Power said:
Jeez what a horrible place . . . . .

Lucky they are holding the first stage a fair way NW of Beijing where the PM2.5 reading (Chinese) is only 86 compared to 370 (US embassy) in Beijing (Aus Saftey Standard is 25ug/m3). Should be much better on Sunday.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
DFA123 said:
What a mess that sprint was; it was like watching an amateur race. Another epic Skyfail.

When will Sky realise that working all day for Swift and then leaving him isolated against faster sprinters isn't going to work? That's about the 45th time they have done that this year.

Is Swift the most overrated "sprinter" in the world? I mean the guy has an entire team working for him despite not having won a flat sprint in over 3 years. Note how he went completely backwards today despite still being in the slipstream of other riders...

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Is Swift the most overrated "sprinter" in the world? I mean the guy has an entire team working for him despite not having won a flat sprint in over 3 years. Note how he went completely backwards today despite still being in the slipstream of other riders...

I wouldn't call him overrated, the only people who think Swift can win flat sprints like that are in Team Sky.

Bernie's eyesore said:
When will Sky realise that working all day for Swift and then leaving him isolated against faster sprinters isn't going to work? That's about the 45th time they have done that this year.

It's bizarre. I would back EBH, even in his form this year, to do better in a flat sprint. I guess Sky don't want him getting any extra points now though.

maltiv said:

Now you know why Sky want Viviani, Swift won't be sprinting next year.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
This is a disgrace of a race. Local population is advised to stay inside and wear masks when going out.

Cyclists?
1087061440.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site