• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 4th Tour of Beijing, October 10 to 14 (WT)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
BigMac said:
Beijing is currentely under orange level regarding pollution... It's the second highest. :eek:

Buffalo Soldier said:
This is a disgrace of a race. Local population is advised to stay inside and wear masks when going out.

Cyclists?
1087061440.jpg

*sigh* do the right thing Cookson, and strike this race off the calendar. Give us something else instead, like a race in Colombia, that'd be cool.

Twitter campaign anyone? I'm sure there's plenty that would want to see Beijing go.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Its already gone and thank god, worst idea ever, like a World Cup in Qatar in summer, and to think they moved the Race of the Falling Leaves to accomodate this, said it at the time this race wouldn't last, McQuaid continues to make me sick even though he's gone just like this race.

Afrank said:
*sigh* do the right thing Cookson, and strike this race off the calendar. Give us something else instead, like a race in Colombia, that'd be cool.

Colombia would be good; although it might need a re-think of the whole calendar. Would probably be a bit tough to have right at the end of the season and doubt you would get many big names bothering with it.

Tour of Britain is growing hugely in popularity, maybe that could be moved to October and put on the World Tour. It's easy enough for an end of season race but would still have good crowds and would be attractive to good riders.

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
The MTF is on a Monday?

Well done.
yes, from ToB official twitter
Stage underway... Due to weather in Yanqing, today's Stage 2 will finish at Km111 at Yan Jia Ping KOM not at Km147.5 in Yanqing. #ToB2014

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Due to weather conditions in Yanqing, today's Stage 2 will finish at Km111 at Yan Jia Ping KOM not at Km147.5 in Yanqing.
Yan Jia Ping KOM is 1 km at 8%, so should be an uphill finish.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I cant suffer this race. looks like a movie stunt where the hero runs at 50kmph in thick smoke instead of an actual race.

if they want Asia, then why cant they try India, Indonesia or Malaysia. In october, any place in tropics would be good.

roundabout said:
I presume that they couldn't move all the timing equipment to the new finish

It's been an hour and half since the race finished. All I ask is for the top10, even if they did not have the timing equipment with them (they did, you could see it), they could easily have done it by sight and inspecting footage, both television's and photo finish. ;)

TRENDING THREADS