• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Cleanest Peloton Ever

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
2014 is the cleanest peloton ever!
you get kicked out of college if you plagiarise JV.

Also, if at the Boulder campus of U Denver, Vaughters sends round Tyler Farrar to rough you up, steal your money, and kneecap you

no MBA for you dirtyworks

DirtyWorks said:
I'll fill in the dodgy senior management that are returning to the world tour a little later. For now,

Tinkov, a real paragon of virtue and clean cycling, rumored to have hired EPO veteran Bruno Cenghialta. http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1374563&postcount=95

http://www.dopeology.org/people/Bruno_Cenghialta/

2014 is the cleanest peloton ever!

OK I am not here to defend Tinkov, who has in the past according to Tyler, being willing to turn a blind eye to doping on his team.

But from what I can ascertain about the guy, he was a rider who almost certainly has a doping past, not a doctor

Is he really any worse than Riis?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Riis said he can't inject form into Contador. Maybe this guy can.
so can this guy

lance-armstrong-syringe-man-430.jpg

del1962 said:
All I am trying to say is that why would bringing this guy in make the team any more suspicious than they already are because of Riis, not that the guy himself is any less bad than Riis.

Next year's performance will tell the real story.
Tinkov will likely say its down to more money, better technology and training programs. Will you believe that, Del?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
my (safe) predictions:

-Porte will win the giro
-Saxo will step up their marginal gains but it still wont be enough to get close to Dawg
-Hesjedal will spend most of the year riding in the gruppetto, and garmin will be useless in the grand tours
-The Schlecks will continue to suck
-Walsh will fall deeper into the fantasy
-Dawg will win the long ITT, and be in mutant mode on most of the MTFs in the tour
-If Contador becomes really good he will test positive
-Someone will become the new Porte, probably Thomas
-The skytrain will be back
-Wiggins will be fat and useless
-The presidential tour of Turkey will be the most exciting race of the year

All signs of a clean peloton of course.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
We know that Phat Pat was going after Garmin in 2013.
With Phat gone and cookson and usada on the jv bandwagon, I expect Garmin to do (much) better in 2014.
Hesjedal perhaps back to 2012 level.
Martin repeating his 2013 season and perhaps better.
Dennis and Talansky will show their talent.
Danielson and Zabriskie might peak.

sniper said:
With Phat gone and cookson and usada on the jv bandwagon, I expect Garmin to do (much) better in 2014.

agree, epodal will be back to '12 level. All to gain imo. If he looks like a donkey in 2014 people will say hes a typical doper off the juice, however the net result for the team is zero wins. Go all in, get a couple of big wins, people will say hes a doper with some talent. Solid net result for the team.

sniper said:

I don't think you'll see anything from Zabriskie next season. He's retired :p

sniper said:

I like that :)

del1962 said:
OK I am not here to defend Tinkov, who has in the past according to Tyler, being willing to turn a blind eye to doping on his team.

But from what I can ascertain about the guy, he was a rider who almost certainly has a doping past, not a doctor

Is he really any worse than Riis?
I agree with this view too. Riis is not bad because he doped as a rider (OK, yes, that was bad, but morality is diluted when everybody does something and there's no punishment), but because of what he did as a team manager. While Cenghialta, as an important Gewiss rider, probably used enough EPO to keep several hospitals supplied for years, we don't know that he'd do the same as a DS.

That's on a purely theoretical level. In practice, the guy's going to work for a team that's already shady as hell.

hrotha said:
That's on a purely theoretical level. In practice, the guy's going to work for a team that's already shady as hell.

To the bolded, that's the most conservative observation that can be made and an excellent summary.

However, my tendency is to go a little further, what are the chances Tinkov is okay with a DS that might actually run a clean-er team that has Garmin-or-less performances? We're right back to this ridiculous notion that "cleanest peloton ever" will be resold in 2014 when there are personalities like Tinkov who is perfectly okay with the doping funding the sport.

hrotha said:
I agree with this view too. Riis is not bad because he doped as a rider (OK, yes, that was bad, but morality is diluted when everybody does something and there's no punishment), but because of what he did as a team manager. While Cenghialta, as an important Gewiss rider, probably used enough EPO to keep several hospitals supplied for years, we don't know that he'd do the same as a DS.

Back in his water and soap ds days Masciarelli brothers were Ferrari clients. Could be a connection here.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Numerous efforts to get to #21 , FAILED !

Until UCI reveal those who were " Positive at the 2013 Le Tour , there is NO POINT in speculating about 2014 !

phat the rat was trying to generate " popularity " with his " cover up 2 , BUT , what are UCI / mark 2 , trying to achieve ?

Weeks ago there was announcement that there was GOOD NEWS for Womens Cycling , but so far i have not noticed any thing ?

Just in the past days , Cyclists have shown they can band together to get a result :
https://www.facebook.com/CafeRoubaix

Seems Good News about to happen there !

Having shown an ability to help the Small Bike Shop . WHY , are Cyclists ignoring an opportunity to improve THEIR SAFETY :

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petiti...national-umbrella-cycling-safety-organisation

Is it not time that the BEST Ideas were available WORLD WIDE , just as most Cycling Products ?

hrotha said:

"[M]orality is diluted when everybody does something and there's no punishment."

You really didn't mean that, did you?

TRENDING THREADS