• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Cleanest Peloton Ever

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
It's always hilarious when a veteran says stuff like that without ever acknowledging how dirty it was before. They never saw or heard anything themselves, never so much as were offered PEDs.
This. Cadel is a massive joke. Saving grace is he's never been much of a hypocrite about it, butsome of his fans, Madone, I didn't know people could be that stupid.

roundabout said:
2010 only before today

In 2010 10 people did Bales in 48 minutes approximately

Today probably 9

Tyanks everybody for the replies.
Does anybody remember that stage? Did they go full gas the whole climb?

Pinot time looks so monstrous that it surely needs some context, even assuming he's on the juice. I mean, much better than 2010 Contador. Hard to believe.

SafeBet said:
Tyanks everybody for the replies.
Does anybody remember that stage? Did they go full gas the whole climb?

Pinot time looks so monstrous that it surely needs some context, even assuming he's on the juice. I mean, much better than 2010 Contador. Hard to believe.
Remember it's not a MTF so tactics are quit important. From what I remember they were quite slow before Andy attacked that year. This year there was pressure on from the beginning and several contenders were shelled out before they got out in the open, so the difference was probably made in the first part of the climb. Still, this was a big performance from Pinot. The northern wind also played a big role (I can't remember how the wind was in '10), but I'm not sure how much of an impact it had in the 'forest' part of the climb.

edit: Only the last ~2.4km are out in the open (where they had a tailwind). http://i.snag.gy/iYeep.jpg and http://i.snag.gy/mRYFn.jpg shows this. However it seemed to be very calm before the last 2.4km, so I don't think the wind played a big role there, Movistar's pace did.

Netserk said:
Remember it's not a MTF so tactics are quit important. From what I remember they were quite slow before Andy attacked that year. This year there was pressure on from the beginning and several contenders were shelled out before they got out in the open, so the difference was probably made in the first part of the climb. Still, this was a big performance from Pinot. The northern wind also played a big role (I can't remember how the wind was in '10), but I'm not sure how much of an impact it had in the 'forest' part of the climb.

I went back to the CN article on that stage and it agrees with most of what you wrote. Saxo led the group for the early part with O'Grady and Voigt, so that would suggest the pace was not too nuclear. Andy attacked initially after his last dom CAS had done his work.

Netserk said:

edit: Only the last ~2.4km are out in the open (where they had a tailwind). http://i.snag.gy/iYeep.jpg and http://i.snag.gy/mRYFn.jpg shows this. However it seemed to be very calm before the last 2.4km, so I don't think the wind played a big role there, Movistar's pace did.

So, no 'smoking gun' (sorry Benatti). Great performance, yet Pinot hardly gained time on the (dysfunctional) breakaway. And Pinot was paced in the leading group with Nibali and all for most of the climb. :rolleyes:

What's the next allegation? Is Mick back to his old tricks?

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
yet another evidence of "cleanest ever": Leo Konig praises his (and not inly his) bad day as evidence of clean cycling

little Richie approves ("most bad days" jersey to be introduced next year)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Benotti69 said:
The new generation we were told (by JV) were too cool to dope....

No one told this 17 year old;

Aurélien COFFLARD: (17 years old)

added to the UCI PDF on 11.08.2014
banned until 11.08.2014

4 months ban. That will really teach him not to dope :rolleyes:

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=&id=Nzk5OTY

Date sort order would be so much more helpful...

So much for Frenchies being the dope-free litmus of the peloton too, yeah?

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Still no Riccò, and while Nicklas Axelsson is on the list for his life ban from 2009, David Clinger and Phil Zajicek aren't there with theirs from 2011. Neither are Kirk O'Bee and Duane Dickey (life bans 2010).

Does anyone understand what the criteria are for the list? Must UCI have been involved in the sanctioning? There are no doubt more cyclists currently banned than there are names on the list (see for instance USADA's list of sanctions)

TRENDING THREADS