• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro D'Italia: Stage-by-stage Analysis

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netserk said:
Like this?

muhammad_cartoon.jpg

oh, you danes :D

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Great preview. I suppose there are the usual time bonuses? So looks like the steppers will get the maillot rose and keep it if Cav is up to the task for the first week.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
Great preview. I suppose there are the usual time bonuses? So looks like the steppers will get the maillot rose and keep it if Cav is up to the task for the first week.

Slight change to time bonuses this year. New time bonuses are 10-6-4 for stage finish. And 3-2-1 for intermediates.

Kwibus said:
Really dissapointing route tbh. Too many mtf's, too few epic hilly stages.

This will very much boil down to riders making the race. I hope some of the DSs understand the necessity of trying to entertain while riding along 3500 kms of road.

Imagine if none of the big three sprinters takes the startlist after getting lots of low hanging fruit in the first 10 stages or so. If they fail to start here, I hope the Giro won't give them such an opportunity again.

Anyway I'm confident Quintana, J-Rod, Uran etc will make it a solid race.

Add Pirazzi, Rolland, Hoogerland Hansen and Rabottini for starting the party on some stages.

The Giro will deliver I think.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
wow what an incredibly great course the giro has this year. can't even begin to imagine how much time quintana will take in that mountain itt. his ultimate specialty, similar to rujano

TRENDING THREADS