• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Paris - Nice, Stage 6: Saint-Saturnin-lès-Avignon - Fayence (221.5 km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Highlander said:
Is Betancour the race leader now?

I think so. He is only 5 seconds back from thomas. And with 10 bonus seconds that's more than enough to overtake thomas.

Bentacour is impressive. I saw his photo overweight (almost like noval:D) a month ago. and he is not even anorexic yet, but he managed to go that fast on the last hill. Won back to back. If he continues like this, and he gets to his anorexic weight, he'll be another Quintana comes TDF.

Armchair cyclist said:
Looked more like he simply lost all momentum when Villermoz went down.

No it was clear he had a mechanical, he was bossing it at the front and suddenly you could see him pedalling air. Then after the corner someone crashed infront of him.

What a ****ing day, Kelderman and Slagter out. :mad:

Great riding and great finish. When Nibali attacked several times on the downhill, I could only think of IzNoGoUd's post where he said something along the lines of ''Nibali with one of his pointless attacks''. :p

Kwibus said:
Your last 2 comments in this thread give me the feeling your a troll.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: All of them.

Parrulo said:
It was just an uphill sprint. . . How was this great racing? There was absolutely no selection or significant attacks before the last km!!!

Truth be told, if there were any significant attacks before the last km, you'd still say the racing sucks because It should have been made harder, starting with the route.

Armchair cyclist said:
Looked more like he simply lost all momentum when Villermoz went down.

Villermoz allready passed him because Slagter allready had chain problems before that corner. After that you see Villermoz crash and you can see Slagter pedalling 100000 rounds a minute trying to get his chain back up. Than he raises his hand and looks back as if the find his teamcar right behind him which was kind of funny since he was in the last 400m, but I guess that was a panick reaction.