• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Ronde van Belgian? (Baloise Belgium Tour), May 28 - June 1, 2.HC

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Btw, despite having a Van Der Poel avatar, I didn't even know he could sprint like this? :confused:

Maybe I'm ignorant or confused, but from the way in which he won the junior WC RR and his palmares with the juniors on the road consisting mostly out of GC results, I thought he was more of a climber with a decent TT. I didn't know anything about sprinting skills like this, even though this was a weird sprint. So either I got something wrong here, or this guy is an even more amazing talent than I thought. :eek:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Btw, despite having a Van Der Poel avatar, I didn't even know he could sprint like this? :confused:

Maybe I'm ignorant or confused, but from the way in which he won the junior WC RR and his palmares with the juniors on the road consisting mostly out of GC results, I thought he was more of a climber with a decent TT. I didn't know anything about sprinting skills like this, even though this was a weird sprint. So either I got something wrong here, or this guy is an even more amazing talent than I thought. :eek:

Isnt it obvious? He can do it ALL! Hes Sagan 2.0.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Akuryo said:
Kwiatkowski 2.0 - Sagan can "only" sprint, hills and cobbles :eek:

He might be even worse than Kwiatkowski, because Mathieu can apparently do everything on the road + CX :eek:
(although Sagan used to do CX too)

I'm curious to see how he will do in today's Ardennes stage though.

Found back an old pic of Mathieu when he wasn't a legend yet, winning the 2012 Omloop van de Maasvallei on June 9, a 117.5km (rather long for juniors I guess). This was his first year as junior ! Shows that Mathieu likes uphill finishes. :)

sanstitre7eyj.png

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Der Effe said:
Tour de Picardie? World Ports Classic? It's not great, but I've seen much worse.

Regarding the possible courses they could have designed, this was just terrible. A bunch sprint after an "Ardennes" race? that's just awful

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Flamin said:
You think we would have had such a big bunch sprint if Martin was isolated?

Actually yes, because Martin showed that he could answer all the attacks on the flat himself. And instead of Huy all climbs were not much. Stage-design was complete bull****

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Mathieu :eek:

He looked so crazy strong when closing the gap to the first group and later riding up to Van Avermaet. How is this even possible when you're 19....... :eek:

TRENDING THREADS