• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Scheldeprijs, 201km, 1.HC 09 April

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How many riders will crash?

• 50-200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
The lukewarmSteppers to do a 50-80km TTT somewhere mid race and then Boonen exits.

Should be enough firepower in team

11.BOONEN Tom
12.FENN Andrew
13.PETACCHI Alessandro
14.RENSHAW Mark
15.STEEGMANS Gert
16.TRENTIN Matteo
17.VANDENBERGH Stijn
18.VELITS Martin

to setup Ale-Jet FTW.

You think the train will be for Petacchi? Not for Boonen ?

Love the poll! :D Was expecting a regular who'll win? one.

Anyway, my prediction is that there will be a massive pileup right on the finish line, giving them some issues finding out who actually won. :p

(Guess if that actually happens you can all say I jinxed it!)

Roude Leiw said:
You could have spared bandwith by posting the profile like this :D

_________________crash________________crash_

There are even pre-set places to crash? And honestly; one two crashes?

Not often I burst out laughing 3 times on the first page of a race thread. Great witty posts.

I was supposed to be working this morning, but I found myself daydreaming about this race and I came up with the thought.....what if the organisers picked a team with little chance and paid them to absolutely drill it from about 130 km for about 50 km. Probably no difference except a lot of angry sprinter's team.

Anyway, what is happening with the race? Has the obligatory non-entity mostly Belgian break consisting of 3 to 6 riders formed yet?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Luke Rowe (Sky), Jan Ghyselinck (Wanty), Ivan Balykin (Rusvelo), Andrea Fedi (Neri Sottoli), Alessandro Bazzana (United Healthcare) & Dimitriy Groezdev (Astana)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
wirral said:
Not often I burst out laughing 3 times on the first page of a race thread. Great witty posts.

I was supposed to be working this morning, but I found myself daydreaming about this race and I came up with the thought.....what if the organisers picked a team with little chance and paid them to absolutely drill it from about 130 km for about 50 km. Probably no difference except a lot of angry sprinter's team.

Anyway, what is happening with the race? Has the obligatory non-entity mostly Belgian break consisting of 3 to 6 riders formed yet?

11:59:52 CEST
After a hectic opening 14km of racing, there are now six riders on the attack: Fedi, Gruzdev, Bazzana, Rowe, Ghyselinck and Balykin. They have a lead of 1:20 on the peloton.

13:28:38 CEST
The gaps has fallen below four minutes with 120km left to race.