• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Speculation (and confirmation) thread - rider schedules and parcours

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dazed and Confused said:
Could be, but the parcours doesn't look quite so favorable to team Froome imo. Sure if no one can take time on him on the descents then its game over. Lets see what the line ups will be.

That's what I think as well. No MTF's and not much decisive climbs (at least near the finish) will make it difficult for Sky to control like they usually do. I even think Spilak's chances are better, depending on how the weather will be. On the other hand, there's always the time trial that will certainly favour Froome and/or Porte.

The provisional startlist is very interesting.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
With Froome and Quintana lining up for this race,its even more sad that parcours are this bad.:rolleyes:

Looks perfect for someone like Nibs tho.
edit:lol @ sky's lineup,they really want win a race finally this year :D (just for the record,yes I know oman results,but... its oman)

pastronef said:
Team Sky for Romandie
Nathan Earle, Chris Froome, Vasil Kiryienka, David López, Mikel Nieve, Richie Porte, Luke Rowe, Xabier Zandio

Earle is having a nice debut season, starting the Ardennes triple and Romandie too

He's doing pretty well but Sky are short of riders with Dombrowski, Deignan, Stannard and Sutton injured. Rasch has retired and both Henao and JTL are ''out of action''.

@TourDeRomandie
''The ramp is ready for Neuchâtel's final time trial.'' Artificial climb? Départ?

Bl1859yCcAAR57v.jpg:large