• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 TdF Grand Depart awarded to Yorkshire

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One other encouraging thing is that they are expected to have a cobbled race once they hit the continent. Something like Calais to Tournai/Lille/Roubaix with some of the P-R cobbles being used.

So at least two good stages look assured...

Catwhoorg said:
Cambridge down to London, looks like a straight shot.

Going to be almost pan flat, no matter the details of the route. There isn't much they can do about it.

Don't know what your definition of pan flat is, but as someone who grew up just to the North of Epping Forest, my teenage self can assure you there are most definitely some hills around! That said they're not going to cause any pro-cyclists too much bother!

But I'm not that interested in the profile, more a map of the route - I want to see how close the race will pass to my Dad's house!

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Seriously, why the heck is the Tour starting in one of Europe's most waterdown trashyards?

I don't even know what that expression means and have been English since I was born here 67 years ago. Others seemed to understand it.

Translate please? :)

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
RownhamHill said:
Don't know what your definition of pan flat is, but as someone who grew up just to the North of Epping Forest, my teenage self can assure you there are most definitely some hills around! That said they're not going to cause any pro-cyclists too much bother!

But I'm not that interested in the profile, more a map of the route - I want to see how close the race will pass to my Dad's house!

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/docs/TDF_2014_ET03.pdf

gd_2014_parcours03.jpg

Looks like Cavendish will get his win on The Mall this time. :)

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
InterestedSpectator said:
I don't even know what that expression means and have been English since I was born here 67 years ago. Others seemed to understand it.
Translate please? :)
As a native speaker for long enough to have accumulated white hair, I'm just as baffled by what "waterdown trashyards" might be.
American or Euro-glish?

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
barmaher said:
One other encouraging thing is that they are expected to have a cobbled race once they hit the continent. Something like Calais to Tournai/Lille/Roubaix with some of the P-R cobbles being used.

So at least two good stages look assured...

Would be good. I still think a short TTT near Calais is most likely stage 4 but cobbles could come afterwards.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Andy99 said:
You coming across to see it? Very easy with the ferry into Hull from Rotterdam.. :)

They should close the ferry terminal for people coming to see the cycling out of spite given that they ignored East Yorkshire altogether, haha.

Mkind07 said:
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and wanted to post a couple of links that give more detailed insight into stages 1 and 2 of next years tour.

http://blog.veloviewer.com/the-climbs-and-finish-of-stage-1-of-the-2014-tour-de-france/

http://blog.veloviewer.com/the-climbs-of-stage-2-of-the-2014-tour-de-france-part-1/

http://blog.veloviewer.com/the-climbs-of-stage-2-of-the-2014-tour-de-france-part-2/

Looks like stage 2 is going to be insane!
That does look like one of the best efforts aso have made in a long time.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Trust Yorkshire to act against the British national interest.

What do you mean? After JTL has won the first of his eighteen LBLs in April and then dominated the Giro, this is the stage where he'll establish a decisive lead after a solo break established in the second kilometre, a lead which he'll extend all the way to Paris.

TRENDING THREADS