• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014, Tirreno Adriatico, Stage 2: San Vincenzo - Cascina 166km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Buffalo Soldier said:
How can a team first win the TTT, and then completely have no lead out train?

Given they were on the front and then disappeared when they flashed back from the crash, I'm guessing that is connected.

More obviously, because they won the TTT, they were obliged to do all the chasing so you would expect to have not much left. Add in the lotto & Kittel crashes and you end up with a bit of a C list free for all at the end.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
He was miles back, got pulled to about 20th by Kwia, started to follow a team mate at about 350 but had nowhere to go so sat up just as the sprint really started, rolled in about 20th.

The guy behind FDJ was confusing me. Or maybe it was another FDJ. That's how bad my feed was. ;(

tomorrow said:
where the hell did cannondale deliver him if he had to sprint so early? 5th place after such long sprint is not that bad at all.

You're right. There was noone from Cannondale apart from him as far as I could see.

Edit: But he COULD have started his sprint later anyways :)

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Scrappy as ****.

Poor from Griepel to not win there. Cav pulled forward from way back by Kwia (commentators spotting him were talking bull) and then got a half block and stopped.
You mean: great from Greipel and his team to still make it to the front after 3 of their guys crashed, and a really poor performance by Cav and his team to be nowhere in the final 3 k?

TRENDING THREADS