• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 19, Stage 14: Grenoble - Risoul 177km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I really do not think that Nibali would have been anyway near Froome or Contador in this Tour if they were still in it. He hasn't impressed me in the sense that the main contenders he is taking 'some' time on are some good French climbers, Valverde and TJVG.

His victories in most GT's have been against developing riders or riders who are well past their best imo.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I really do not think that Nibali would have been anyway near Froome or Contador in this Tour if they were still in it. He hasn't impressed me in the sense that the main contenders he is taking 'some' time on are some good French climbers, Valverde and TJVG.

His victories in most GT's have been against developing riders or riders who are well past their best imo.

Yeah, how lucky is he!

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
And lose even more time? Ofc not. Bardet had as much reason to ride than TJVG did.

He has no reason to ride at all ! he has his teammate ahead with Nibali. if TVG and Pinot want to turn this into a staring contest, well then Péraud gets one or two minutes benefit, and he loses nothing against his rivals. This is just clever team racing. How can you guys just not see that ? AG2R are playing a two pronged tactic to put pressure on their rivals.

Nibali in charge again:

327-IMG_1465.jpg

More pics: http://www.steephill.tv/2014/tour-de-france/photos/stage-14/

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Tell this to Nibali fans:p
If you dont mind I would take this into my signature?You are one of most resoected posters here.

maxmartin said:
Yeah, how lucky is he!
like I said before,no shark anymore...but Il Felice

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Stop wasting my time with inane comments.

Before you start insulting you should take a look at the real profile on Risoul and compare the stages and get your things right.

It starts with a lower grade of % and not only that, the stage Frome did in 2013 is also shorter and mountains easier.

2014 stage profile:

14_etape.jpg

Risoul profile:

Risoul_Station_Guillestre_profile_big_thumb.jpg

2013 Dauphiné stage 8 Sisteron - Risoul

stage8profile_670.jpg

The avrage speed was higher and that is even when Frome had the advantage of the flatter section included in the time, not only that he also had a shorter stage and less altitude meters in total.

well that made for an exciting finish, a little better work would have helped but chase really hit the hammer in final 5km to finally reel it in. Kristoff was confident there and keeps getting the best lead outs.

Nice to see Haussler up there for once, Kittel really backed off.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Quintana getting whacked by Porte in last year's PN (ITT):
snapped picture..
Hey,I dont know if I responded harsh to you couple of times or what, but please stop targeting me with rough style.
I like some of your comments,but last couple of days,your posts torwards me arent normal at all,just a feeling you know...