• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 19, Stage 14: Grenoble - Risoul 177km

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TANK91 said:
Contador would have destroyed Peraud today. The fact he could not get Majka proved it. Nibali is well insecure saying he as beat Froome often, eh no Nibbles try 1 stage in the whole race were you snatched GC that is only time you have beaten Froome. Like the people saying 3 sec gap was nothing on that 1.8km climb?. As if on HC mountain that means it will be 3 seconds, the gap will be even bigger, it is commom sense.

If my grandfather had three balls, he was a pinball.
And please, try in English language next time.
See, I can easily be a better troll. :D

Dear Tank, you do understand stage racing don't you? When a rider (eg Nibali) beats another rider (eg Froome) in a stage, and by sufficient margin to win the General Classification, he (Nibali) has won, fair and square, He has triumphed over, defeated, vanquished...however you want to have it, the losing rider (Froome).

Now you may wish to downplay this, as you clearly have a dewy eye where Froome is concerned, but the fact remains that Nibali was superior when it counted last year.

He is also proving himself to be superior this year. To finish first, first you have to finish....and all that.
Great to watch isn't it?

TANK91 said:
Contador would have destroyed Peraud today. The fact he could not get Majka proved it. Nibali is well insecure saying he as beat Froome often, eh no Nibbles try 1 stage in the whole race were you snatched GC that is only time you have beaten Froome. Like the people saying 3 sec gap was nothing on that 1.8km climb?. As if on HC mountain that means it will be 3 seconds, the gap will be even bigger, it is commom sense.

So why did he decide to crash?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nibali climbed Risoul only 0.3 km/h faster than 20 years old Quintana (in itt,but after solo climbed alpine stage day before lol)
Nibali should thank God (froome n ac) and Valverde (quintana doing giro) cuz he would have been fighting with Piti for Roj4s place;)

I like Vincenzo,but these guys are in their own league climbing wise.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ten Dam might end up in 8th. König and him will both end up ahead of Mollema. Only if Mollema by some miracle finds better legs. But I doubt it. So far he is only going worse each time. Like Costa and Vandenbroeck. Next time he might lose 10 minutes

Ten Dam was on Lemond of cycling said he waited for Mollema before but today team told him to just go do his thing as he now seems the better hope to keep pushing up the GC

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Nibali climbed Risoul only 0.3 km/h faster than 20 years old Quintana (in itt,but after solo climbed alpine stage day before lol)
Nibali should thank God (froome n ac) and Valverde (quintana doing giro) cuz he would have been fighting with Piti for Roj4s place;)

I like Vincenzo,but these guys are in their own league climbing wise.

There is literally so many variables that your point is utterly useless. If it wasn't a TT then maybe a comparison could have been made.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
armchairclimber said:
Dear Tank, you do understand stage racing don't you? When a rider (eg Nibali) beats another rider (eg Froome) in a stage, and by sufficient margin to win the General Classification, he (Nibali) has won, fair and square, He has triumphed over, defeated, vanquished...however you want to have it, the losing rider (Froome).

Now you may wish to downplay this, as you clearly have a dewy eye where Froome is concerned, but the fact remains that Nibali was superior when it counted last year.

He is also proving himself to be superior this year. To finish first, first you have to finish....and all that.
Great to watch isn't it?

Wow i don't know where to start, come on einstein show me the stage Nibali beat Froome by a significant margin?:confused:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So Bardet in the final km's sucks wheel again and sprints past TJVG in the final straight...I am starting to not like this guy. If he has the legs, he should ride.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
So Bardet in the final km's sucks wheel again and sprints past TJVG in the final straight...I am starting to not like this guy. If he has the legs, he should ride.

Bardet knows TJ is much better than him in the ITT, maybe this is his strategy, not so much in Alps. But when it comes to the Pyreness, it could be effective.

TRENDING THREADS