• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France July 26, Stage 20: Bergerac - Périgueux (ITT) 54km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win stage 20?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've expected more convincing victory, but the three weeks have, obviously, left their mark on Martin.
Lots of people thinking Nibali hasn't gone full gas... I tend to agree.
Nice to see the new domestic generation and foreign newcomers filling the GC.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
TourOfSardinia said:
Three weeks are too long for Valverde - it's just his vanity tells him to go for a tour podium. He should stick to shorter stage races and 1 day races from now.

You're funny,so poor Valverde can't go for a GT podium at age 34,but young talent Peraud age 37 can get a 2nd place at TDF and that youngster Horner can win a GT at almost age 42.:eek:

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
Yep, he definitely looks like one prone to have one too many on any given day.

I'm not sure which was weirder, the "welcome back here we are in... Ahhh...Innnn... Uh, where are we?", or the ski jump pantomime. I'm pretty sure Greg assumed he was squatting down to take a ****. Or maybe just pass gas and then wave it towards the cameraman while saying "bye bye".

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Eurosport do really need some new presenters and commentators. Surely there are some recently retired riders who can do a better job. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Pappy Horner behind the mic despite not being a fan.

yespatterns said:
I'm not sure which was weirder, the "welcome back here we are in... Ahhh...Innnn... Uh, where are we?", or the ski jump pantomime. I'm pretty sure Greg assumed he was squatting down to take a ****. Or maybe just pass gas and then wave it towards the cameraman while saying "bye bye".
I've got impression he was hitting on Greg. There's not much time left if he wants to do something. Greg surely won't be hanging on with him on the after Tour party.

whittashau said:
Eurosport do really need some new presenters and commentators. Surely there are some recently retired riders who can do a better job. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Pappy Horner because the mic despite not being a fan.
Kelly's prediction about Chava today was precious.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Well done, Pinot!

No Piti on the podium. So happy about that!

Ditto!!! I was praying for Piti to have a ITT like the chicken did many years ago. I don't like the guy and what he represents (although this belongs elsewhere in CN). I wasn't expecting Pinot to perform so well, but he looked a lot fresher at the top of Hautacam than the other guys. Great for France. A bit sad for Bardet that he lost his 5th spot on a puncture, but it's racing, it's life and I'm glad for TJVG.

Tonton said:
Ditto!!! I was praying for Piti to have a ITT like the chicken did many years ago. I don't like the guy and what he represents (although this belongs elsewhere in CN). I wasn't expecting Pinot to perform so well, but he looked a lot fresher at the top of Hautacam than the other guys. Great for France. A bit sad for Bardet that he lost his 5th spot on a puncture, but it's racing, it's life and I'm glad for TJVG.

Agree with this and other comments on Valverde. Not a fan.

whittashau said:
Can you read? He said if there was favourable conditions for the GC guys. There clearly wasn't. And I think as soon as Nibali saw Martin's time he probably decided that winning the stage was impossible. He clearly took the corners rather conservatively.

Thank you for answering for me :)
In all my posts about Nibali beating Martin I was talking about favourable conditions for the GC riders indeed, but it's part of CN.com forums the last years to just bash and laugh at others :)

arvc40 said:
He said he would challenge Martins time regardless !. You can't read or see the point.

Allthough after reading my post I agree that i typed it that way, but I definately meant to say that Nibali would challenge Martin with favourable conditions for Nibali.

Nibali finished 4th so it really isnt that hilarious if There are people who thought he could beat Martin.

Tonton said:
Loosing 5th by 2 seconds after a bike change in the last 10 km is not really great, but his consolation: he still get to stand on the podium.. 4th and 5th don't get to do that

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hahahahahaha!
Aside from Valverde, which is immensely enjoyable, perhaps even better and so far not mentioned here: Richie "Plan B" Porte finishes both behind Geraint Thomas and the first rider more than an hour back. Still he made the Team Sky podium (just, also behind Nieve).
That, the podium, and (GC1 aside) this Tour = Awesome!