• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Can anyone help me watch that video? For some reason i am not being able to make the proxies work :eek:

It's just a picture of him crying in the same position, but inside what looks to be a caravan tent.

EDIT:L'Équipe's calling him a hero.

52aed.jpg

Bsh2WE_CcAA88Jb.jpg:large

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
What is actually the point of no return for abandonment? Sitting in a vehicle? The vehicle moving off? Nothing, so long as you remount in about the same place as you dismounted? Buying a train ticket to finish town?

I'm sure I recall reading about people sitting in cars to warm up and then continuing.

And Eugene Christophe spent 25 minutes sitting in someone's house on the way to winning Milan-San Remo

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
McLovin said:
Yeah, especially once in Pau IIRC.
Seriously now, clinic or no clinic, he should have been with the greatest by the end of this month.
2007 first
2008, if he had choose another team , second
2009 third
2010 - fourth (with a bit of luck)
2011 - if he had skip the giro fifth
2014 - sixth
Instead only two, so you're right.

Come on i want say he as been that unlucky in the TDF. I mean you can't say he should win some year and convenaintly forget 2007 was given to him on a plate.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get the people who are just dismissing those who say Froome and Contador are as good uphill. I mean who as the evidence those who are a fan of Nibali's or what? As im sure i have not seen them be out climbed by Nibali. I would love Nibali to win against good competetion. But the sad fact is he will never get recognition for this now, and weather you say oh well no one can take the TDF from him, im sure Nibali fans would prefer it in better circumstances.

Nibali was great today but is 15 seconds alot to Pinot when Porte's group almost stopped at 1 point. And what makes people think if Contaodor done well on stage 8 that he would not have won today. Also bugs me about people saying we always get crashes, show me a TDF were both favs are out?.

sad day but that's cycling...

managed to time all the important climbs yesterday. level:very high. and not just vincenzo.

on chevreres they already did around 6.2 w/kg. 36 km/h on a stage with such amount of climbing is brutal.

poor alberto did the fastest the platzerwasel in terrible pain. astana waited for him quite a lot to be honest, chapeau to them

http://www.climbing-records.com/2014/07/nibali-strongest-after-high-speed-stage.html

the tour didn't even reach the alpes. far from over. this is the chance of the milennium for the french to win the tour so it won't surprise me to see them stepping to absolute plutonium level like europcar in 2011.papy peraud also has very good itt. richie porte and valverde also might be peaking for the pyrenees, we don't know

next chamrousse,where if they will have the same level, the strongest might beat lance's record.

hopefully, no more crashes at least :(

TANK91 said:
I just don't get the people who are just dismissing those who say Froome and Contador are as good uphill. I mean who as the evidence those who are a fan of Nibali's or what? As im sure i have not seen them be out climbed by Nibali. I would love Nibali to win against good competetion. But the sad fact is he will never get recognition for this now, and weather you say oh well no one can take the TDF from him, im sure Nibali fans would prefer it in better circumstances.

This. Although history does not show who/what/when crashed where, and will (probably) recon Nibali as the winner, in the heart of the competitor it must feel a bit dismal.

I´m pretty sure AC felt the same after Froomes crash. "What if"?

happytramp said:
Drop? For 3 seconds before the line? That's a 'drop' now is it. Ridiculous. Sure by the '3 sec rule' Contador would have been within his rights to pick Nibali up after dropping him and eat him ;)

:D

A good stage in the end. Courage from Machado, and sadness for Contador. Purito is back. Scarponi's was virtually the ride of the day though for crashing on the final descent, making it back to the leaders, going to the head of the group, pacing Nibali and the rest of the heads of state for at least a couple of kms uphill. Incredible.

And congrats to Nibs on his stage win, he was very strong. I would guess that Alberto would have beaten him by 10-15 seconds, but alas we'll never know...

And now the Italian looks to be in a position of great strength heading into the second half of the race.

But looks can be deceiving. And fortunately there are plenty of difficult stages ahead for the Tasmanian devil to nibble off time from his rival :p

TRENDING THREADS