• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I see there is a lot of complaining about reckless riding, but don't you kinda have to do it when you are pushing to be the best? You cannot tippy-toe yourself to the top.

Obviously there is a difference between riding into others lanes and bikes, but if you are simply trying to push it when it comes to turns and other things, combined with the fact that there was a very slippery track today.

I understand the frustration that could arise from getting your whole Tour ruined by one guy that screws up though.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
I don't know if this been posted here, but here's Contador's frame from his first crash (apparently there were 2):

BshaVLlIcAAESY2.jpg:large

A bike fell off the team car at one point. Is that this bike?

brilleaben said:
How can the fact that Contador has managed to drop Nibali on a MFT in this Tour, drive people to the conclusion that Nibali could've dropped Conta today? Foolish.

Drop? For 3 seconds before the line? That's a 'drop' now is it. Ridiculous. Sure by the '3 sec rule' Contador would have been within his rights to pick Nibali up after dropping him and eat him ;)

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Alberto crashes too much. That's all.

Someone was saying this is Contador's first DNF since the '06 Vuelta a Burgos.

So no. If anything, he's been avoiding so many bullets that one just had to hit eventually.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Broth3r said:
Someone was saying this is Contador's first DNF since the '06 Vuelta a Burgos.

So no. If anything, he's been avoiding so many bullets that one just had to hit eventually.

luck will run out if there is such thing, W also crashed before he pick himself up to win the Tour. Crash is just part of road bike race.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I wouldn't say Contador has been extremely lucky so far in his career.

Yeah, especially once in Pau IIRC.
Seriously now, clinic or no clinic, he should have been with the greatest by the end of this month.
2007 first
2008, if he had choose another team , second
2009 third
2010 - fourth (with a bit of luck)
2011 - if he had skip the giro fifth
2014 - sixth
Instead only two, so you're right.

Need to leave Roche & Rodgers in the Tour as both already rode everyday & did the Giro & need to honour the race...besides in good from to target stages

However need Majka ,with Zuagg, CAS , N Sorresnon, Beltran, Petrov, Poljanski, Sutherland, Trusov in Vuelta

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Or use a Belgian proxy.

But here's a different one:
4zUa8r0.png

Gutting, but knowing he will race on and his struggle was worth it will surely lift his spirits.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Broth3r said:
Or use a Belgian proxy.

But here's a different one:
4zUa8r0.png

Gutting, but knowing he will race on and his struggle was worth it will surely lift his spirits.

Very sad Machado is such a nice guy from what I can tell following him on twitter and stuff. Has a lot of bad luck.. Very good rider though.

TRENDING THREADS