• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour of California May 11-18

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
**** Sagan, this guy is the real winner!

Bn3rXJjIMAA2EED.jpg

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I just dont get all the hate against Sagan and ToC. At least he makes the winning exciting and fun to watch. You never know what you gonna get and that is fun.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
yeah yeah. sagan wins. made it look easy. he's a cocky showman. blah blah blah.

why are we not talking more about this hilarious jamis guy celebrating his win at the bell lap?! that was epic.

someone needs to make a gif of his reaction when he figures it out. classic!:D

his teammates must be having a blast teasing him tonight.

i do feel bad for him though. he was so happy...and then...:(

spanky wanderlust said:
yeah yeah. sagan wins. made it look easy. he's a cocky showman. blah blah blah.

why are we not talking more about this hilarious jamis guy celebrating his win at the bell lap?! that was epic.

someone needs to make a gif of his reaction when he figures it out. classic!:D

his teammates must be having a blast teasing him tonight.

i do feel bad for him though. he was so happy...and then...:(

I agree, that was brilliant to see that guy celebrating before looking up and to his horror realising what a clown he had made of himself. :D

Not sure Sagan was quite this cocky early in the season when he was failing in the big one-day races. :rolleyes: If he's not careful he will start to make enemies of a lot of the peleton and that will not help his chances in the future at all.

Pricey_sky said:
I agree, that was brilliant to see that guy celebrating before looking up and to his horror realising what a clown he had made of himself. :D

Not sure Sagan was quite this cocky early in the season when he was failing in the big one-day races. :rolleyes: If he's not careful he will start to make enemies of a lot of the peleton and that will not help his chances in the future at all.
I think he's mostly making enemies with frustrated fans not so much with the peloton.

pastronef said:
https://twitter.com/peterstetina/status/467888863730352128

Peter Stetina: tomorrow we race by @dzabriskie front door. Trying to get peloton to call nature break on his front lawn
:D

The Rock Store is the only landmark. The rest is ranchette/McMansions. It's one or the other out there.

Not so hot today and they are riding "early" so, weather is nice. The road is probably a little challenge for the first time. Doing laps by the Rock Store will definitely soften up the legs. A guy like Sagan can definitely make it to the end. Sprinters will likely be shaken out.

It's a steady uphill grind until the Rock Store, then it gets steeper.

My feed is tennis :(