• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour of Oman, Feb. 18-22 (2.HC)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Uran, Purioto and Tj beat 2013 times also

Top 5 stage 5: 1-Froome 2-Van Garderen, 22" 3-Uran, 33" 4-Rodriguez, 38" 5-Gesink, 47"

6-Pozzovivo, 51" 7-Jeannesson, 56" 8-Bardet, 59" 9-Henao, 1'09 10-Kreuziger, 1'15

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Alien2.jpg

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
I love how Froome goes to so many of these races to win, he is always aggressive and fun to watch. Some great climbing by Van Garderen as well, his climbing is getting better every year.

I really don't like Sky, but I can't say I have any particular problem with Froome. Quite an aggresive rider, and I always like riders that want to finish it in the mountains, even if they are good ITT'ers.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Bakhjulet said:
Top 5 stage 5:
1-Froome
2-Van Garderen, 22"
3-Uran, 33"
4-Rodriguez, 38"
5-Gesink, 47"

Alien mode.

Tejay! Nice result. :) This is the year he begins his domination! :p

But, seriously, happy to see him doing well, beating guys like Uran and Rodriguez is a very good performances (even if it is only Oman).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
First win and people say that TdF will be boring...
Oh common,he beat van Garderen by 22s,thats hardly frightening:rolleyes:
There is not even Contador,Valverde and Quintana.There are only offform Nibali,good Purito and Uran who has never had good form early season.
And if you are true,there are still cobbles,and you know how great Sky is in classics:D

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
First win and people say that TdF will be boring...
Oh common,he beat van Garderen by 22s,thats hardly frightening:rolleyes:
There is not even Contador,Valverde and Quintana.There are only offform Nibali,good Purito and Uran who has never had good form early season.
And if you are true,there are still cobbles,and you know how great Sky is in classics:D

Are you for real 22 seconds on this climb is quite alt, do we know how it was ridden, by sounds of it he attacked late so its quite big really. I think people are probz thinking it becuase he is on form again so bar injury it looks like he will hold is end up of the bargain by being in form and im not hating on Nibali but he rarely if ever beats CF on the climbs so its really down to Contador being of his old self unless Nibali has made another big jump

froome even better than last year by looks learning and doign it better year on year. Good see Uran live up to my expectations this opqs could be great move for him, TVG a surprise for me on a climb like this thought it might be little steep for him.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Stage results for some other riders:

11. Nieve + 1.19
12. Elissonde +1.20
13. Tschopp +1.22
14. Moreno +1.24
15. Clement +1.30
16. Nibali + 1.45
18. Lövkvist +1.48
20. VdB + 1.48
23. Konig +2.05