• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Volta Catalunya stage 4: Alp › Vallter 2000-Setcases 166.4 Km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins?

• TJVG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It was Talansky in 6th, not Dan Martin (20th at 1:22)
And Kelderman finished 16th at 0:51
Uran not even close to form, 36th at 3:51!

This is the new GC

1 (1) RODRIGUEZ Joaquim [www.procyclingstats.com] Team Katusha 17:47:34
2 (2) CONTADOR Alberto Tinkoff-Saxo 0:04
3 (4) VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC Racing Team 0:07
4 (7) BARDET Romain AG2R La Mondiale 0:10
5 (3) QUINTANA Nairo [www.procyclingstats.com] Movistar Team ,,
6 (5) FROOME Christopher Team Sky 0:17
7 (8) TALANSKY Andrew Garmin Sharp 0:18
8 (9) POZZOVIVO Domenico AG2R La Mondiale 0:26
9 (21) BARGUIL Warren Team Giant-Shimano 0:42
10 (13) ARROYO DURAN David [www.procyclingstats.com] Caja Rural - Seguros RGA 0:45
11 (20) KISERLOVSKI Robert Trek Factory Racing 0:48
12 (15) FUGLSANG Jakob Astana Pro Team 1:00
13 (6) KELDERMAN Wilco Belkin-Pro Cycling Team 1:01
14 (17) PINOT Thibaut FDJ.fr 1:14
15 (27) MORENO Daniel [www.procyclingstats.com] Team Katusha 1:16
16 (30) MATE MARDONES Luis Angel Cofidis, Solutions Crédits 1:18
17 (11) HESJEDAL Ryder Garmin Sharp 1:26
18 (14) ARU Fabio Astana Pro Team 1:37
19 (32) LOPEZ GARCIA David Team Sky 1:48
20 (18) MARTIN Daniel [www.procyclingstats.com] Garmin Sharp 1:49

Miburo said:
Seems really boring. They just look at each other the whole time

If Contador comes to the Tour in great form, it won't be boring. Even last year(when he wasn't so hot), he tried something. He loves to put on a show, he talks alot about making it interesting for the fans, and I'm sure he won't just sit around watching the entire time.

Great job by Tjay today. I'm glad to see him and Talansky doing well. Maybe the US will have some future GT wins....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully they take the video from the camera and package a replay as it would be great to see how this stage unfolded.

Radio Tour (The real race radio) said there were attacks by Barguil, Contador, and Froome......but I did not hear of how TJ got away. Most were shocked when he cross the line first.

Race Radio said:
Hopefully they take the video from the camera and package a replay as it would be great to see how this stage unfolded.

Radio Tour (The real race radio) said there were attacks by Barguil, Contador, and Froome......but I did not hear of how TJ got away. Most were shocked when he cross the line first.

I think he and Bardet sneaked away when the others looked at each other.

icefire said:
Porte is still more beatable :p :D

On the other hand Sky with their money might not be so vulnerable in the future as in this July. (unless they withdrow Porte from Giro and start another super trooper "marginal gain" secret training in May-June. ;).

And unfortuantely Giro is stil "only" Giro. (Do not take me wrong. I prefer Giro&Vuelta to Tour. )

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
For climbers, yes. For GT GC, no. Purito isn't a winner.

A winner in terms of GC's? Yes you're right. Purito is just a pure classic rider. He's a ''made'' GC-rider. A damn good one, but he's not as regular as someone like Nibali.

But he's got less bad days now. And this week he will win Catalunya, and in May the Giro, so wait after the Giro;)