• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a España, Stage 14: Santander → La Camperona. (201 Km)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
willbick said:
Why did Valverde attack at the bottom of the climb??! seems completely pointless to me. i can only imagine its pure ego. Surely an experienced pro like him should be doing whatever it takes to get to the top in the quickest time and attacking at the bottom is not that!

no way would Froome have finished in front of Contador and Purito if they had all just ridden up at the same pace. very strange tactics really. you wudda thought by now that top pro riders wouldnt be riding up 3km walls by starting off with a big attack!

This, Valverde rode the wall like Froome rode the time trial

La Camperona times
Bw3QYruIEAAWsKF.png

DFA123 said:
Well, perhaps not a full renaissance, but certainly a picking up in form compared with the time trial. I bet Contador considers him to be by far the main threat now.
Contador said from the start that he saw Froome as the main man to beat at this Vuelta.. I am sure Valverde and Co.. feel that way about Froome and Alberto

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Just finisehd watching yesterday's stage , great finish! :eek:

Froome wtf :eek:
I apologize to you folks to whom I replied about froome not able to win. Serious **** from me :eek:
really amazing froome and aru

TRENDING THREADS