• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Vuelta a Espana Stage 1 Jerez de la Frontera 12.6 km (TTT)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
trevim said:
Another portuguese commentator saying that Contador's "numbers" were good and so the team decided to put him in the race. Yeah nothing to do with passion and sheer determination:rolleyes:

I've stopped giving any credibility to anything said by TS regarding Contador. I'm waiting to see how he looks on the road.

roundabout said:
You can't win races on passion alone ;)

Publicus said:
I've stopped giving any credibility to anything said by TS regarding Contador. I'm waiting to see how he looks on the road.
The point is: does anyone imagine Contador " oh I went 300W on that nasty climb so let's go do the Vuelta". These guys are journalists, they should know better and not take every bul**** teams put out as absolute truth.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
where is kirby getting all of this nonsense about Valverde keeping Quintana out of the Tour? Has anyone else reported this?

Well iirc Quintana said in january he wasn't sure with GT he had to do for his team.

I'm pretty sure valverde had to do something with the decision that quintana did the giro but now obviously he can't claim this anymore.