• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Österreich Rundfahrt, 2.HC, 4-7 - 12-7

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
#TourofAustria De La Parte wins stage 4. 2 Hirt +0 3 Hermans +8 4 Poljanski +13 5 Latour +13 6 Berhane +21 7 Rossetto +32 8 Silin +46

:eek: Poljanski
What's so eek about Poljanski?
More like De la Parte and Hirt :eek:

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Kokoso said:
LaFlorecita said:
#TourofAustria De La Parte wins stage 4. 2 Hirt +0 3 Hermans +8 4 Poljanski +13 5 Latour +13 6 Berhane +21 7 Rossetto +32 8 Silin +46

De La Parte sort of did okay in the Volta a Portugal, including two of the mountain finishes.
& Hirt was 7th in the TDS mountain stage

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
Kokoso said:
LaFlorecita said:

De La Parte sort of did okay in the Volta a Portugal, including two of the mountain finishes.
Well, I don't quite get you. I thought it's no secret that Poljanski is talent. Anyway I think the performance of first two, or Hirt at least - regarding his age and that he's riding for Proconti team - is more remarkable still.

Kokoso said:
LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
Kokoso said:
LaFlorecita said:

Well, I don't quite get you. I thought it's no secret that Poljanski is talent. Anyway I think the performance of first two, or Hirt at least - regarding his age and that he's riding for Proconti team - is more remarkable still.

But what if actually not EVERYONE's world revolves around the Czech. LaFlo obviously follow the Tinkoff-Saxo team quite closely because of Bertie and naturally her main focus is on them in this race.

Also Poljanski, even though regarded as a good talent, has very rarely been given the chance to ride his own chance and hasn't got any results himself, whereas Hirt has always been regarded as a good talent and recently did very well in Tour de Suisse. It's hardly surprising to see Hirt up high in this race.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know, since De la Parte is Spanish. What if your world actually didn't revolve around nationalism.

But, other than that, I can understand you :eek: For me it isn't surprising to see Poljanski where he finished today. I think Poljanski was regarded as a talent too, bigger than Hirt for most and before TdS, if you'd ask on this forum, more people would know Poljanski than Hirt and one reason would be that he's riding for WT team and showed some promising climbinf performances on WT level.

No need to shout.

Some Trivia about the stage:
1.) Denifl already expected that he wont be that good because he said in a pre race interview that he doesn't know if his shape is really that good.
2.) Mühlberger said in an TV interview that his team (Team Felbermayer Simplon Wels) made a big tactical mistake and that his leader jure golcer had a bad day. That might mean that mühlberger actually could have finished higher in the ranking, but he had to help golcer.
3.) ORF commentators are complete idiots.

Re:

MatParker117 said:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/09/mtn-qhubeka-racism-tour-austria-natnael-berhane

Throw the **** out
Thanks for sharing the link, although it is rather unclear what you meant by your remark, don't you think?

There was again one interesting moment during yesterday's stage - the race was stopped following a crash in the bunch, officials used the same argument as in the TdF - shortage of medical staff to follow in the race.

The funny moment was when suddenly during live broadcast the escape riders and vehicles around were seen slowing down and eventually stopping. The commentators had no information about what was going on, but then the TV crew on the bike interviewed live one of the riders from the breakaway, while he was waiting for further instructions.

Has it happened ever before that a rider would be giving live TV interview during the race? :)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Holy ***. Victor de la Parte wins the queen stage to Kitzbüheler Horn with a deficit of 1.17 (!) on Hermans

We've got an another Spanish GC contender! ;)

TRENDING THREADS