• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015-2016 Track World Cup and World Championship

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
The UCI hasn't announced the world cup schedule yet.
However, the World Championships are set for London March 2-6 2016

(Dates were changed from initial announcement)

Full schedule:
http://http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/track/article/20150227-track-2016-UCI-Track-Cycling-World-Championships-London-Event-Schedule-0

By the way, you can watch Day 1 - 4 of the 2015 World Championships on German Youtube. I'm not sure about day 5. (In Paris, I could watch the replay on US Youtube. But, back in the states, it is blocked here.) I don't see why geo-blocking is necessary after the initial week of tv coverage.

There should be lots of athletes striving to shine at the World Cup series, lining up for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
TShame said:
.................. But, back in the states, it is blocked here.) I don't see why geo-blocking is necessary after the initial week of tv coverage.

Because Universal Sports bought the rights. I have two choices to get US (both satellite TV) but costs appear to be at least $120 per month for a 2-year contract.

It is too bad that USA Cycling cant reach a deal with US allowing its members to stream cycling coverage for a small fee.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Well, at least you saw the first four days for free on Youtube.
If I find a link for day 5, I'll post it.
(It was free on BBC online, but it expired March 1)

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
The 2015-2016 UCI Track Cycling World Cup will comprise the following rounds:

Cali, Colombia, 30 October-1 November 2015
Cambridge, New Zealand, 5-6 December 2015
Hong Kong, 16-17 January 2016

The UCI Junior Track World Championships in Astana, Kazakhstan (19-23 August 2015) and the UCI Track Cycling World Championships in London, Great Britain (2-6 March 2016) complete the UCI International Track calendar.

Thanks for the link, OC.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
oldcrank said:
No worries, my friend. We have been joking that the
Cambridge, NZ leg of the World Cup is serving as the
test event for the track cycling at the 2017 World
Masters Games which will be at the same venue. :)

I watched the Cambridge event on my computer. It was streamed by NBC for 3-1/2 hours. Great coverage and a competitive event. Although I think lack of jet lag and travel time might have been an advantage for the Australia and NZ competitors.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Re:

avanti said:
TShame said:
.................. But, back in the states, it is blocked here.) I don't see why geo-blocking is necessary after the initial week of tv coverage.

Because Universal Sports bought the rights. I have two choices to get US (both satellite TV) but costs appear to be at least $120 per month for a 2-year contract.

It is too bad that USA Cycling cant reach a deal with US allowing its members to stream cycling coverage for a small fee.

Update to my previous post

Universal Sports folded and NBC acquired the rights to many cycling events. There is live action on the internet (NBC Sports LiveExtra) and delayed action on cable TV (Universal HD) in the evenings. The schedule is on the UCI web site here: http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/News/17/51/02/2016UCITrackCyclingWorldChampionships-TVSchedule_Neutral.pdf

Re:

jmdirt said:
There is no doubt that Ed Clancy is a track stud for GB, but do you put him in the World Championship final at this point in his recovery?

I wondered if there is a bit of phycology play going on. Either they are laying a marker with the Aussies saying "Look we nearly beat you and Ed's hardly ridden a bike in months" or they were showing Ed that they have the faith he'll come good by the time Rio comes around. Fair play to him, he very nearly held it together.

Re:

jmdirt said:
There is no doubt that Ed Clancy is a track stud for GB, but do you put him in the World Championship final at this point in his recovery?
It was a calculated risk of course, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
And when you think that Ed was still there after 15 of 16 laps in the
second fastest race in history...and the fastest ever at a World
Championships, it will send a message to the other lads that
are pushing for a spot in the Rio line-up (and to the lads
and coaching staff from Australia as well!). :)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Cav is such a tool...
Ganna is a real beast, who expected that?
The guy is only 19 and also a great TT prospect on the road, he should have a bright future.

TRENDING THREADS