• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 2: Le Bourget le lac - VlD

The stage:
CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.jpg

PROFILKMS.jpg

Climbs:
Km 3.0 - Col du Chat 2.8 kilometre-long climb at 6.8% - category 2
Km 74.0 - Col de Cuvéry 8.7 kilometre-long climb at 6.7% - category 1

Col de Cuvéry:
PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.jpg

Start: 10:30 local time
Finish: 2:30 - 3:00 local time

Title too long!

Re: Re:

The Barb said:
Flamin said:
This might go to a break with the sprinter teams being quite weak.

I would be surprised. After they missed out yesterday this is really the only chance for the sprinters so they'll go all out.

Bouhanni.

They failed to keep things together yesterday despite having to control a weak early break. That says a lot about the strength of the sprinter teams, even though there were a few short hills.

I'd say there might be more interest to go in the break because of that, but I see now nobody cares. Just 3 riders ahead with 1'15".

Flamin said:
The Barb said:
Flamin said:

I would be surprised. After they missed out yesterday this is really the only chance for the sprinters so they'll go all out.

Bouhanni.

They failed to keep things together yesterday despite having to control a weak early break. That says a lot about the strength of the sprinter teams, even though there were a few short hills.

I'd say there might be more interest to go in the break because of that, but I see now nobody cares. Just 3 riders ahead with 1'15".

The sprinters teams couldn't control yesterday because final climb to close to finish, no problems for them with this stage

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
pfff last year on stage 2 we had the greatest show of the year lmao, i guess we gotta wait afew more days....But nibali will be *** like last year

del1962 said:
Flamin said:
The Barb said:
Flamin said:

Bouhanni.

The sprinters teams couldn't control yesterday because final climb to close to finish, no problems for them with this stage

12k is not too close. Good sprinter teams would have closed Kennaugh down easily.

The Barb said:
Flamin said:

Bouhanni.
The question is what the attackers will do. Even if the peleton catches the break there might be attacks on the last kilometers because everyone knows that the sprinter teams are weak. However I think this stage will end in a bunch sprint but the break or any other "not sprinters" definitely have a chance.