• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 3: Roanne > Montagny TTT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Gigs_98 said:
Velolover2 said:
Sk_rmbillede_2015_06_08_kl_17_47_38.png

Mapped it out. The climbs are long and gradual with gentle gradients. Still, teams which normally aren't good in a TT such as Katusha could do better than excepted. First is a cat 4, the second is a cat 3.
This profiles are kind of strange. Doe the colors depend on the steepest section of the route because I don't see another reason why you should make a section of 7% purple. Normally purple is the color for streets with an elevation gain of over 15%.

The scale is literally directly above it.
I think you don't understand what I meant. I wanted to know if this colors depend on the steepest section because the scale above says that purple means a steepness of 7%. For example what color would a section of 20 % have? Normally purple represents such steep sections so I wonder what colors represent 20% in this program.

Re: 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 3: Roanne > Montagny T

johnymax said:
Who do you think is more likely to podium OricaGE or Cannondale-Garmin?
As a Cannondale fan I say Orica, because current Cannondale and former Garmin were underperforming in TTTs more often than not in recent years.

Talansky, Van Baarle, Koren, Langeveld, Navardauskas and Bauer are all good TT-ers though, so they could positively surprise this time.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Sasquatch said:
Sky are too weak

Astana have the best team.

SKY are too weak?? rubbish ..Froome, Kennaugh,Rowe, Stannard, Roche, etc ...most of the team that won at Romandie....

Just because you want it to be so does not mean it is

Sky won't make it into the top 3.

Don't think Sky will necessarily win.

They are missing Geraint Thomas from their TTT line up who given his pursuit background is a vital cog.

Not sure who will get the win. Astana and Katusha will be right up there.

Anderis said:
johnymax said:
Who do you think is more likely to podium OricaGE or Cannondale-Garmin?
As a Cannondale fan I say Orica, because current Cannondale and former Garmin were underperforming in TTTs more often than not in recent years.

Talansky, Van Baarle, Koren, Langeveld, Navardauskas and Bauer are all good TT-ers though, so they could positively surprise this time.

This indeed might be a day Cannondale should do better then most other ttt's they did last years. Winning is something different.
Langeveld has been part of winning ttt squads in the past. With rabo and orica.

Orica are 28/1 to win the stage. Not often you will see that on a TTT. Because it's slightly uphill though, I guess that raw power will have more of an impact, and team organisation and slick changes of position won't be so important as on a flat course.

Astana or Etixx for me.

TRENDING THREADS