• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 3: Roanne > Montagny TTT

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Arredondo said:
Miburo said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Miburo said:
[quote="

Why are you naming mollema? like he'll be actually relevant in a race?

Tirreno Adriatico ring a bell?
Also he did come 6th in the Tour in 2013

Yea when he got away cause people were looking at contador, sure.

What's your point? They guy also finished on the podium in Suisse and Pais Vasco.

I'm not saying he's a great rider. But good enough to be recognize. Cycling world is more then Alberto Contador.

No need for ad hominem, you can do better right? Mollema has almost never been relevant for the outcome of a race, that's why. But if you like to know who else will be in top 10 then sure go ahead.

No need to insult people.

If you think this is insulting.. well... uhhh.. :confused:

But be my guest.

I really hope Froome can drop Valverde in the mountains.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Valverde could pick up a decent amount of bonus seconds, if Movistar control the race he has a good shot at winning stage 6 and 8.

And stage 5. He shouldn't get dropped on any of those and he shouldn't get outsprinted either. It will help him to have BMC defending yellow as well on stage 5, because they'll be strong at reeling in any breaks.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 3: Roanne > Montagny T

HelloDolly said:
Sasquatch said:
Sky are too weak

Astana have the best team.

SKY are too weak?? rubbish ..Froome, Kennaugh,Rowe, Stannard, Roche, etc ...most of the team that won at Romandie....

Just because you want it to be so does not mean it is

lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154.gif

Re: Re:

No_Balls said:
Sky piss poor. Froome will be isolated in the mountains.

Kennaugh will probably be there but the rest of the team looks poor.

There are a few fresh (non-Giro) options riding Suisse like Henao, Thomas and Lopez. A lot of riders have said the Giro was extremely hard so you'd be wary of including more than maybe 1 rider from that group.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

DFA123 said:
Sky look really ragged and disorganised. It could be because they are absolutely hammering it though and the back riders are struggling to get back on.

As I said earlier this Sky squad is not packed for TTT and as expected they lost around 35 sec found it kinda funny that you thought they would do well :cool: And seeing that this is almost the tour team this should maby make you lower your unrealistic opinion on the upcoming TTT in the tour ;) atleast should....

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
SKY were very poor and Froome is well down on Nibali

Not sure why they lost 3 rides before half way esp Stannard & Rowe ...this is usually their bag

Race looks good for Valverde & Nibs

All it takes is a single Froome attack to get those 30 seconds back.

But I agree that Valverde must be the most likely to win now, or if not the most likely, then close to Froome.

Nibali will surely not have changed a winning strategy (ie his Tour prep)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
SKY were very poor and Froome is well down on Nibali

Not sure why they lost 3 rides before half way esp Stannard & Rowe ...this is usually their bag

Race looks good for Valverde & Nibs

I think they only lost 2 before half way and then lost Rowe to a mechanical with around 10k to go.

Stannards form must be a concern unless the plan was to burn that match very early.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné, stage 3: Roanne > Montagny T

the sceptic said:
HelloDolly said:
Sasquatch said:
Sky are too weak

Astana have the best team.

SKY are too weak?? rubbish ..Froome, Kennaugh,Rowe, Stannard, Roche, etc ...most of the team that won at Romandie....

Just because you want it to be so does not mean it is

lol-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-154.gif
Lolz :D

I hope Froome will do some 2014 attacks, lets see what Nibali can handle mano a mano :p

Re:

IamIronMan said:
what was the deal with TS today? 1:30 down? AC better get some decent TT'ers on his TdF team!

well, in TDF, there will be kreuziger, sagan, bodnar, majka and obviously Alberto, so I expect them to be high, probably not the best, but high. Especially sagan and bodnar will be useful here. Basically, they made the results for cannondale in the WCH TTT, and that was nearly twice as long. With 28kms, bertie probably won't even be needed to do pulls on the front.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Bravo BMC!

Suspect as others here, that Froome will make up difference and win Dauphine if he can keep from crashing. Weather looks nice and Contador isn't here to make him nervous, so...my money is on Froome.

Nibali won't do anything spectacular. Why change a strategy that worked fine for him last year. Team Astana will be strong, however Lo Squalo performs in Dauphine. Astana in the Giro is enough evidence to guess that, I'd say :D

TRENDING THREADS