• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 5: Digne-les-Bains > Pra-Loup 161km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the Froome of Vuelta...not at his best but still just a mini attack and no one could match the acceleration

What if Froome is doing the Nibali approach?? and this is him being mediocre

To me, Froome looked to be nearing 2013 Tour level in last year's dauphine. Mont Blanc will be the real test, not a cat 2 climb, but I would still expect him to have more left for a sprint against Tejay (who put in a great ride). That said, Froome also didn't look like he was giving it 100%

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Pricey_sky said:
Miburo said:
WTF tj dropped froome?

WTH LMAO

Well he did do the same to Contador in Catalunya so not entirely unexpected

That was april. He wasn't marked by contador, and froome is usually really good in the dauphine.

Pretty solid effort today if you ask me. Just that TJVG was way better than anyone had excepted. Still think he is on track for July.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Andro said:
Valverde looked cooked. Nibali on the other hand looked like someone who decided not to go deep today.
Yes, at the finish line he looked like a guy who went for an easy ride on the restday, he'll be fine at the Tour.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Froome just doesnt have the kick yet but could be improving during the days... TJ in other hand arrived with a really good form... looking for more from him!

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
wow tj is good, real good.

Froome not amazing i guess. I don't know how to judge this lol
Seem he doesn't quite have that jet engine in him anymore. In dawg mode he would just keep increasing the pace and grind TJ into submission. We'll see in the Tour though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

webvan said:
Too bad TVG will have that usual massive bad day in the TDF and there are no ITTs...

Well done Bardet and shame on Nibali, classless.
van garderen's itt has sucked for many years now, ever since he started dropping weight

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
webvan said:
Too bad TVG will have that usual massive bad day in the TDF and there are no ITTs...

Well done Bardet and shame on Nibali, classless.
van garderen's itt has sucked for many years now, ever since he started dropping weight

He finished 6th in the last Tour TT.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

goggalor said:
Miburo said:
wow tj is good, real good.

Froome not amazing i guess. I don't know how to judge this lol
Seem he doesn't quite have that jet engine in him anymore. In dawg mode he would just keep increasing the pace and grind TJ into submission. We'll see in the Tour though.
reminds me of tinkoff trainer who predicted few years ago that froome would be done for within 2-3 years from exhaustion, just because of sky's ridiculous training methods and it's becoming the truth. same happens in track too. they create these monsters and then within a few years they are gone. similar to australian track as well

Re:

PremierAndrew said:
To me, Froome looked to be nearing 2013 Tour level in last year's dauphine. Mont Blanc will be the real test, not a cat 2 climb, but I would still expect him to have more left for a sprint against Tejay (who put in a great ride). That said, Froome also didn't look like he was giving it 100%

Froome was dead in the last hundred meters trying to give 110%.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
As expected froome is terrible no surprise there.... dont even worrie about him for Contador in TDF. The guy im worried about is quintana with nibali as a wild card (depending on what dmg he can do in the first week)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
To me, it looked like Nibali just couldn't be bothered and stopped, he looked less tired than Froome at the finish to me, and Dawg looked fresh

Agree on Nibali. I think Valverde just decided to ride his own pace. Always hard to tell at the Dauphine if the rider is just on bad form or just training though.