• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 6: S-B-en-C > Villard-de-Lans 183km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Costa's always good in Suisse/Dauphine and then can't deliever in the GC at the Tour. But Nibali should have won that stage...

Sky was terrible. Where were Roche, Poels and Kennaugh? Welcome to Alberto's Giro life, Froome!

Kiserlovski looked good today. Hope he can improve more, then he'll be very good in hilly/mountain stages for Contador.

Don't think Van Garderen will improve further towards the Tour.

johnymax said:
Tony Gallopin with some Paris-Nice magic. One can hope.
Well I was close.

Anyway what a great stage. The weather helped a bit. Nice win for Costa. I bet on him during the stage. He always does the right thing in these situations. Great bounce back for Nibali and Valverde. The Tonys also two wonderful riders.

Re:

rm7 said:
Costa's always good in Suisse/Dauphine and then can't deliever in the GC at the Tour. But Nibali should have won that stage...

Sky was terrible. Where were Roche, Poels and Kennaugh? Welcome to Alberto's Giro life, Froome!

Kiserlovski looked good today. Hope he can improve more, then he'll be very good in hilly/mountain stages for Contador.

Don't think Van Garderen will improve further towards the Tour.

Van Garderen must be frustrating to manage. He is up and down all the time. Costa has showed he is good over one week but not over three. Nothing new. I still think TJVG can make top 5 in the Tour but it won't be easy. Bardet is another one who is up and down but he got his stage win and would be more worried about the Tour. Actually making the top 10 this year will be really hard. Talansky is not doing much.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Very happy to see Vincenzo attacking, but bummed about the last 300 meters...

I'm curious to see if he has the form to defend the yellow-blue jersey during tomorrow big stage.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect Nibs to defend. I think he will sit up again tomorrow.

Valverde is a different matter and has some nice time over TJ. Froome etc.

I expect one of the Garmin boys Martin or Talansky to go for a long one tomorrow "makes sense"

TJ rode a lot at the front trying to chase down, the fact Froome sat on his wheel and could not distance TJ by much at the end does not bold well for Froome.

I think Froome will struggle tomorrow. If Sky want to win they will have to ride and TJ etc will just sit behind Froome and then attack

Yates was strong and the race is pretty much open for attacks. great stuff.

I love chaos, its so exciting.

to be honest "Fu$% knows whats going to happen"

May 26, 2009
Visit site
ray j willings said:

I expect one of the Garmin boys Martin or Talansky to go for a long one tomorrow "makes sense"

TJ rode a lot at the front trying to chase down, the fact Froome sat on his wheel and could not distance TJ by much at the end does not bold well for Froome.

I think Froome will struggle tomorrow. If Sky want to win they will have to ride and TJ etc will just sit behind Froome and then attack

Much better like this than when 1 team throttles the life out of the race.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
ray j willings said:

Much better like this than when 1 team throttles the life out of the race.

Its great ....these are the days us non Sky fans want....freestyle :D

Great stage today, Nibali looked like getting the win but credit to Costa!

Lots of riders form is all over the place at the moment and it's making for great racing, many guys who looked good yesterday were poor today and vice versa, who knows what to expect tomorrow?!

TRENDING THREADS