• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 7: Montmélian > Saint-G Mont Blanc 155k

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Squirbos_19 said:
It's MTN's first WorldTour jersey isn't it?

I think so.

Daniel was in the UCI team of Geneve for countries with no big chances in cycling. They said in his test that he, Froome and Rafaa chitioui were the most impresive number they got there.

Rafaa started in cycling very impressive, he is doing good things now for his team, but he couldn adapt well to a non muslim culture (he is very muslim as Mancebo told to a friend of mine). daniel has serious helth problems, and he is from a country that for geopolitical reasons (that I understand) sometimes dont allow his riders to leave the country...

Froome had a disease but anyway he did very good performances in his first year in Europe and finally his talent become in results 3 years later. So at least one.

Yeah I think that was part of the reason Teklehaimanot left Orica, he couldn't do many races because of visa troubles. I think that's all sorted now that he's with an African team.

Bushman said:
Taxus4a said:
I see on Tv 15 riders on the front, and no more than 40 in the main group, no raining.

Happy about Daniel Teklehaimanot, a real talent.

Hasn't really shown anything to live up to the hype, though.

You talent or your engine, or you capacity for cycling doesnt depend on the results you have got. If you think that way you have no idea of cycling.

He was the best african rider by difference when he started, all the european riders that rode with him then were impressed.

As I said he had serious health problems, and the usual problems with his country.

He has the potential of Froome, that is for sure.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2012/03/daniel-teklehaimanot-pride-of-africa/

Taxus4a said:
Bushman said:
Taxus4a said:
I see on Tv 15 riders on the front, and no more than 40 in the main group, no raining.

You talent or your engine, or you capacity for cycling doesnt depend on the results you have got. If you think that way you have no idea of cycling.

He was the best african rider by difference when he started, all the european riders that rode with him then were impressed.

As I said he had serious health problems, and the usual problems with his country.

I've spent a bit of time in Eritrea recently. I've regularly seen groups of serious-looking riders on the road from Asmara. Asmara itself is at altitude and the road has some serious climbs, so while there perhaps isn't a lot of variety, it seems an OK place for training. Whilst not that busy, driving standard is generally terrible, so good luck to cyclists there.

Politically, Eritrea is not without its historic and ongoing controversies, and it remains a very poor country.

winkybiker said:
Taxus4a said:
Bushman said:
Taxus4a said:

I've spent a bit of time in Eritrea recently. I've regularly seen groups of serious-looking riders on the road from Asmara. Asmara itself is at altitude and the road has some serious climbs, so while there perhaps isn't a lot of variety, it seems an OK place for training. Whilst not that busy, driving standard is generally terrible, so good luck to cyclists there.

Politically, Eritrea is not without its historic and ongoing controversies, and it remains a very poor country.

It is a problem of VISA. I like Eritrea anyway. Just training is useless, you need to race.

TRENDING THREADS