• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 156km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

BlurryVII said:
Cance > TheRest said:
bigcog said:
suck it up Froome haters lol
I think most "Froome haters" find this hillarious tbh. It's so funny to see Froome go full genius against minor opposition

Yeah Froome is good but the gaps yesterday and today were minor against guys like TVG, rui costa... really nothing "Alien" at all, it's just his style over the bike that makes people think he is putting in monstrous performance but that was not the case.
Exactly what I was about to write, there's nothing alien in putting 18s on Rui Costa (with all the respect).

Meanwhile Rui Costa gets another podium and furthemore confirms himself as one of the best 1 week stage racers around. He didn't win like in Suisse but still a very respectable show

Re:

TMP402 said:
Since no-one else is really predicting it: Froome to win the overall by at least 10 seconds

Mhmm

Xd2da9a.jpg

goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now I remember why I don't normally watch races with Froome in them. Not only is he stupendously boring because of his alien-ness and I am left with an unshakable sense of disgust every time I see him show off his superiority, but his technique is so painful to watch, itmakes Escartín look like Herrera, which makes it all the more difficult to deal with seeing.
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.

If he had an even average pedaling style he'd be the new Merckx.
He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.

Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Now I remember why I don't normally watch races with Froome in them. Not only is he stupendously boring because of his alien-ness and I am left with an unshakable sense of disgust every time I see him show off his superiority, but his technique is so painful to watch, itmakes Escartín look like Herrera, which makes it all the more difficult to deal with seeing.

Yet, somehow you seems to be fine when Clentador does the same thing...
Do I? Since when?

I find Contador's shows of strength similarly stupid, but with Froome the combination of the ludicrous power with the abysmal technique just makes it all the more cringeworthy.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
Grats to Froome, though its not as dominant as in 2013 or the start DL last year

If he was dominant from the start of the Dauphine I would have been worried of his 3rd week Tour performance.
I think that was the initial Sky plan. To shift the preparation by one week and come in top at the end of the Dauphine.

GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:
His extraterrestrialness is even worse when you consider he is probably the least efficient pedaller in the bunch.

He's already completely beyond any logical boundaries of belief before you consider that, but when you also take that into account, you either give up on the sport, move to the clinic permanently or just laugh your ass off.

I choose to laugh. It's like an episode of Jerry Springer, just point at it and laugh at the idiocy.

Exactly. Perfectly stated.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Damn, check out Birdsong at the Tour de Suisse. Looks lean and mean.
Is the skeptics prediction of birdsong #3rd at the Tour starting to look more and more reasonable or what are you referring to?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 15

Dauphine always churning out the goods, what a race ! :p

Almost wasn't going to watch today's stage aswell ...

Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:

like during last year's Vuelta. Alberto was Froome, and Froome was TJ. they rode a bit together, then zzzing, Alberto went and won the stages

I am fine with both, although I prefer when Froome wins

GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.

Moose McKnuckles said:
SeriousSam said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Is the skeptics prediction of birdsong #3rd at the Tour starting to look more and more reasonable or what are you referring to?

I don't know about third, but man he's looking strong at the TdS so far.

He'll look like an amateur at Le Tour compared to Poels.

GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

This. Froome is above all comedy in motion.

One cant hate someone who look so ridicoulus.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

No_Balls said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Yes you can

Rollthedice said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
SeriousSam said:
Moose McKnuckles said:

I don't know about third, but man he's looking strong at the TdS so far.

He'll look like an amateur at Le Tour compared to Poels.

Probably true.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
Great ride by Froome. However, we will only know in the Pyrenees how good he really is.

Purito on schedule. Good stage. Yates impressive too!

Purito on schedule for what? He looked like a donkey. That attack lasted about 4 yards,,,rubbish

Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Do I? Since when?

I find Contador's shows of strength similarly stupid, but with Froome the combination of the ludicrous power with the abysmal technique just makes it all the more cringeworthy.

Well, it's been a while since you and me clinched heads but I am pretty sure you weren't outraged back in 2009-2011...

Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Walkman said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Do I? Since when?

Well, it's been a while since you and me clinched heads but I am pretty sure you weren't outraged back in 2009-2011...

"unshakable sense of disgust"

I guess Libertine is referring to his riding style?

ray j willings said:
No_Balls said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Yes you can

I agree with ray jay.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
GuyIncognito said:
goggalor said:
Libertine Seguros said:

Even worse are the people who believe Stemgazer is walking between the raindrops. That crummy little island must have more denial per capita than any other place on the planet.

Hahaha, how angry are you? Grow up mate, it's just a race.

TRENDING THREADS