• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dauphiné, stage 8: Mont Blanc > Modane Valfréjus 156km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
WillemS said:
Well, I think today Poels has secured himself a tour spot.
He looks like a clone of Froome. A lot of looking at stems from Poels today.

I thought the same thing. Looks very similar.
The moment of the day was when Rodriguez accelerated, and Poels rode next to him, still sitting in the saddle and in the steep inner corner... Looking at Purito like 'Is this an accelaration?'...

Yeah. I don't know what to think anymore. Poels and Froome made Purito look like as though he had no business being near the front.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Don't mean to insult Chris' fans but... his riding style reminds me of someone who's just been given a Ferrari after years of driving a Ford Scape and is unable to get used to the faster response time (braking + acceleration). The way he changes gears is so odd. Everything he does on the bicycle is so odd.

Re:

The_Cheech said:
Don't mean to insult Chris' fans but... his riding style reminds me of someone who's just been given a Ferrari after years of driving a Ford Scape and is unable to get used to the faster response time (braking + acceleration). The way he changes gears is so odd. Everything he does on the bicycle is so odd.

If it works I doubt Sky/Froome care :rolleyes:

As im sure many of you know I try to be unbiased when commenting on here and applaud many riders not just Sky, but some of these comments are just shocking when Froome wins :rolleyes:

Anyway a Nice win from Froome again, he's certainly on target for July.

So impressed by Simon Yates, I said befote these twins joined Orica they are potential GT winners and they both keep improving. Overall a pretty decent Dauphine.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

irondan said:
ray j willings said:
irondan said:
ray j willings said:
This is my honest opinion
I like Purito but here it is.....HE WAS A GREAT RIDER. 2 years ago he would have attacked on a stage like today and no one would get near him. Best days have gone

Now you don't have to agree with me but that is my view.

You are quite free to tell me how bad Bertie will be and it will not bother me because you are also entitled to your opinion.

Not agreeing with someone does not make them /me a troll. We would all be trolls would we not?

If I am trolling the tell the mods....
I've seen posts in other threads that name you as one of the biggest trolls in the forum. I could dig them out

for you to see but I suspect this wouldn't be news to you.

"Go ahead dig them out" ray j

You're initial post seemed designed to bait Purito fans, baiting is considered trolling.
"That's only because you made an assumption, IMO he looked like a donkey." ray j

You're follow up post seemed like a genuine opinion, not designed to create discontent.

"Thanks but so was my first post". ray j
Arguing with you is stupid, so I'm going to play along with this last post and then end my momentary lapse of reasoning.

Here you go troll:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1711807#p1711807
edit: here's another
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1696920#p1696920

Calling Froome a chicken and making a cluck cluck sound ? If you gonna get upset over that its lucky you don't have to fight in a war :rolleyes:

I did get a ban for baiting and it was deliberate to show the kind of assumptions that were being made about me and to highlight it ....
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7152&start=9180

bigcog said:
The_Cheech said:

His cycling ignorant fans certainly don't. :rolleyes:

Moose McKnuckles said:
bigcog said:
The_Cheech said:

In what way am I ignorant Moose? I applaud most great cycling if it's deserved.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Moose McKnuckles said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Moose McKnuckles said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
WillemS said:

I thought the same thing. Looks very similar.
The moment of the day was when Rodriguez accelerated, and Poels rode next to him, still sitting in the saddle and in the steep inner corner... Looking at Purito like 'Is this an accelaration?'...

Yeah. I don't know what to think anymore. Poels and Froome made Purito look like as though he had no business being near the front.

Doesn't stop you flapping your mouth though does it? Never has the description 'senior MEMBER' been more apposite. Calling anyone who disagrees with your bigotry uninformed. Nice style

Must say, if I were TJ I would not be thanking Nibali tonight.

The best moment of the stage for me, though, was probably the WTF?! look Vvde gave Nibali and that little shake of the head. Absolutely priceless - especially coming from Vvde!

Re:

Electress said:

The best moment of the stage for me, though, was probably the WTF?! look Vvde gave Nibali and that little shake of the head. Absolutely priceless - especially coming from Vvde!

Yeah that one was good. I don't know what was Nibali doing setting the pace on the flatish parts. In the end it only helped screwing Tejay.

Moose McKnuckles said:
bigcog said:
The_Cheech said:

I've followed cycling since the early 80's so you can shove that assumption where the sun don't shine :) Come on, any more insults ? Pathetic.

ChewbaccaDefense said:
This is about the fact that every discussion of Stemgazer should be conducted in The Clinic, and the inability of island dwellers to take the flag off of their faces long enough to see that.

If you cannot have a discussion without making national generalisations, you would be better off not trying to engage in public debate.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
All you Froome haters,you know you've lost the argument when you resort to personal insults.Whenever sky do well(which is quite often) I like to drop into the clinic to see you guys lose it totally over Sky domination. You never disappoint me.Keep up the good work,fellas.You always give me a good laugh ;-)

Re:

Miburo said:
if tj followed his own pace, he would have won this dauphine.

I don't agree. TJ betted on being stronger than Yates and Costa, which on previous experience was a reasonable bet. By accelerating when Froome attacked, he at least gave himself the best chance of getting second and defending the GC win. If he hadn't, it would have been more difficult to drop Yates and Costa later as the road flattened and they would have still beaten him in the sprint. Thus he would be giving 6 seconds away without a fight. At least he fought.

TJ's tactical mistake: HE COULDN'T PEDAL HARD ENOUGH.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

BigMac said:
Electress said:

Yeah that one was good. I don't know what was Nibali doing setting the pace on the flatish parts. In the end it only helped screwing Tejay.

I was thinking that. He really turned the screw.
It was good though, He had everyone on their limit. The faces were brilliant :D
Shame TJ could not hang on at the end or at least make it excitingly close.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

shakey88 said:
All you Froome haters,you know you've lost the argument when you resort to personal insults.Whenever sky do well(which is quite often) I like to drop into the clinic to see you guys lose it totally over Sky domination. You never disappoint me.Keep up the good work,fellas.You always give me a good laugh ;-)

like calling Froome a egg faced git wizard :D In fairness I did show a photo of Bertie in a stupid hat.
Its been 2 years since Froome won the tour and sky's domination against no healthy competition.
Grab it while you can and enjoy it. But like every other Froome fan you know come the tour, come Bertie ,Quintana , Nibs. Froome will only taste the inevitable tears of defeat.
I seriously doubt he will podium.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Nice stage finish.

I cant understand how is posible to performe better with that hight spin, someone should explain me one day to undestand, but look that works.

It is a pity for Intxausti, but it is always the same with the people that rode the Giro, very well in Dauphiné except the last day. Too close to the Giro... and the other people is getting better shape day by day.
High spin requires very high aerobic capacity. High VO2 max capacity. I am sure that many people will say it has always existed but it became very popular in the 90's.

Armchair cyclist said:
ChewbaccaDefense said:
This is about the fact that every discussion of Stemgazer should be conducted in The Clinic, and the inability of island dwellers to take the flag off of their faces long enough to see that.

If you cannot have a discussion without making national generalisations, you would be better off not trying to engage in public debate.

If my characterizations had no truth, they would garner no response.

WillemS said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
WillemS said:

That was what I was thinking.

Arguably, Sky's tactics are boring, but they do seem to work. Just measure the sustainable watts of a rider and have him maximize that during the climb. Know the recuperation of the rider, take that into your planning (I think Poels dropping sooner in earlier stages might be planned for this final weekend.) and have him go all out if the next days are not vital. Poels could give it all at the end, he does not have to conserve himself, just as Froome seemed to refrain from going all out yesterday as he had to do it today as well. Yesterday, I think he sustained his output to finish, today he gave it all from ~250 meters out.

I think that banning the meters would not even have that much of an impact on the tactics, it would just make it a bit more error-prone.

It's the same effective and incredibly boring tactic as Postal used and Astana has used. It kills racing on every level unless you're rooting for a rider/team instead of a great race. Then it seems brilliant.

Of course it's impossible to discuss the tactic in any real sense outside the clinic as it's not possible otherwise.

BlurryVII said:
Yeah Froome is good but the gaps yesterday and today were minor against guys like TVG, rui costa... really nothing "Alien" at all, it's just his style over the bike that makes people think he is putting in monstrous performance but that was not the case.
And moreover there was no characteristic monster yo-yo from Froome.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Lets not get swept up in a devil hornets nest of death.

Its the first thing Froome has won in years and he struggled to beat TJ "no offence meant ,just being honest"

I for one don't see anything in that performance that will put fear into Bertie ,Quintana or Nibs.
Its a minor b celebrity victory. Its like winning best actor at the soap awards.....Its nuffink

Re:

ray j willings said:

Its the first thing Froome has won in years and he struggled to beat TJ "no offence meant ,just being honest"

I for one don't see anything in that performance that will put fear into Bertie ,Quintana or Nibs.
Its a minor b celebrity victory. Its like winning best actor at the soap awards.....Its nuffink

First thing in years? Well that's a lie as he beat Bertie in Andalucia, but it's ok as Bertie beat him in a TT and dropped him (yet still lost) :D

Froome still needs to step up on this performance but he will, it's wide open for the Tour next month where Nibali will improve and it all comes down to how Contador recovers from a tough Giro. Quintana hasn't shown much either bar a win in Tirreno but he will be strong too.

Re:

ray j willings said:

Romandie 2014, Col du Beal stage 2014, Andalucia stage and GC.

well, I know, ok, let's just race Giro Tour and Vuelta, since the other races are not important for you

nevermind...

TRENDING THREADS