• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Dwars door Vlaanderen, March 25th, 1.HC, 200 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think Kwia expected him to close the gap, but perhaps to take a single pull. Kwiatkowski was the one taking most pulls in that group the whole day and was leading the group in the end. He wanted for them to trade pulls, which is quite fair. But of course, for some it's either close the gap completely alone or nothing at all. It's not like it's possible to share the work with a kilometre to go :rolleyes:

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
From the CN frontpage:

“You know who the sports director is? It’s Andreas Klier and he never won a race in his life. And we’ve seen why. I know he was looking at the world champion but how can you win a race if you’re not reacting?”

Lefevre, such a classy man. Same for his team full of crybabies.

Re:

Der Effe said:
From the CN frontpage:

“You know who the sports director is? It’s Andreas Klier and he never won a race in his life. And we’ve seen why. I know he was looking at the world champion but how can you win a race if you’re not reacting?”

... and Andreas Klier actually won Gent-Wevelgem in 2003.

Re:

Netserk said:
I don't think Kwia expected him to close the gap, but perhaps to take a single pull. Kwiatkowski was the one taking most pulls in that group the whole day and was leading the group in the end. He wanted for them to trade pulls, which is quite fair. But of course, for some it's either close the gap completely alone or nothing at all. It's not like it's possible to share the work with a kilometre to go :rolleyes:

This.

I think Kwiatkowski didn't see Wallays' attack straight away, but only when Wallays had a 10m gap and was already 'launched', and that's why he decided not to jump full gas after Wallays because that would cost a lot of energy to bring him back.

But it's a bit of a cheap shot to whine about it on Twitter since he was the one coming off the front, losing speed and looking at the other side with just 1k to go. How amateuristic from a world champ.

Re: Re:

Baldinger said:
Der Effe said:
From the CN frontpage:

By beating Tom boonen who was too eager at the time...

Is Lefevre really still pissed about that :p

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
Also nice to see how genuinely happy Theuns was for Wallays, even if he just missed out on the biggest win in his career.

On another note, Devolder finished the race but afterwards he couldn't even remember he had crashed. Beast.

I almost forgot to say this but great job from the Topsport guys. Well played, well deserved. Awesome team.

Baldinger said:
Der Effe said:
From the CN frontpage:

So, he admits that his DS's are useless apart from Tom Steels. :rolleyes:

Der Effe said:
TourOfTexas said:
Garmin's dumb tactics lost them two races today. van Baarle was the guy to neutralize the Walleys attack or BE the guy attacking. He did neither.

Explain yourself. If he neutralizes the attack, he will lose the sprint without a doubt. If he attacks, the Topsport guys will definitely try and get him back and since van Baarle and the Topsport guys are already doing an effort it's also more rewarding for Kwiatkowski to cooperate with Theuns and Wallays and get him back. Would still not be a good position for van Baarle to be in.
The same go for Kwaitkowski, why would he pull for van Baarle to let him win ?

Literally Kwaitkowski already did all the work with the Topsport guys in the last 30km and van Baarle barely.

Re:

SafeBet said:
m9obiu.jpg

:eek:

Lesson from today is follow the attacks when you're clearly the strongest rider out there.
What was he expecting? People dragging the World Champion to the finish line only to be outsprinted? Meh.

Hahaha!!! Exactly.. I cannot WAIT to see this. Lefevre couldn't keep it together. What a miserable scream fest that must have been on the bus.

Curse of the rainbow jersey strikes again. This is one of those days it is great to be a cycling fan.

I'm positive the UCI did not imagine this when they gutted the calendar and WT. And now their beloved world tour has been discounted to second tier.

I loved the CN interviews. Great stuff. Time to warm up the bittorent client.

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Baldinger said:
Der Effe said:
From the CN frontpage:

Wow, what a mouth Lefevere has. I wish Klier had answered: "All due respect to Patrick Lefevere for having the budget to hire a lot of good riders. But what can I say, this is something he is a self-proclaimed expert about - was there ever a bigger nobody than Lefevere during his riding career?"

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:
m9obiu.jpg

:eek:

Lesson from today is follow the attacks when you're clearly the strongest rider out there.
What was he expecting? People dragging the World Champion to the finish line only to be outsprinted? Meh.
That is so lame.