• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Eneco Tour (2.WT), Aug 10 - 16th

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
l.Harm said:
How can people be so sure. If there wouldn't be a group gone in front of the peloton, the peloton would be way more organized. I reckon the peloton would be a lot closer to the leaders than they were now.

Organization in the peloton was nonexistent. They would never have caught the leaders.
In that case there would be more attacks from the peloton and other groups that would try to jump out of the peloton.

Re:

Billie said:
you have to look at the whole discussion. It started with someone saying LottoNL should thank Lotto. And that is true cause without red Lotto yellow LottoNL would've lost the leaders jersey.

Unless ofcourse LottoNL wanted to give the leaders jersey to someone else with Kelderman and Van Emden close behind so they wouldn't have to defend for now. If so hats off to them but I really doubt that was their plan.
I'm viewing it basically the same as you, because yellow Lotto, with a bit of luck, held onto their jersey. However they could've pushed forward harder to have a larger lead. But yellow Lotto know that Kelderman, thanks to his great TT, has a big (relatively speaking - I don't expect this race to be decided by 30 or more seconds) lead on all the other contenders, except Boom. Because of this, Wilco knew that he had less reason to pull than Wellens, and since red Lotto were doing such good work, there was no need. Of course, if he had worked, then he would have a 17 second lead on his nearest challenger. :eek:

Just rewatched the final 20k. Brilliant racing, also the duel between le bon en van Baarle at the end...that gap so tiny all the time. Crazy stuff. Le bon did use the corners well there to get the gap.

Lotto-nl rode a very sneaky race indeed. Letting others do the work and gamble on that to work out. That is very non-raboish if you ask me. In the past the team always tried to control everything and messed up somewhere. This is more italian/spanish racing style.

Loved Greipel.

Re: Re:

WillemS said:
Well, most users here only look at those things that confirm their held beliefs about teams, riders, &c. even if that means judging similar events dissimilarly for different actors. However, I guess everyone falls pray to a confirmation bias from time to time and we sure find ways to rationalize disconfirmations and cognitive dissonance.
And you seem to be falling prey to using non-existent knowledge about other people's beliefs (you don't know about 'most users here'). I merely commented upon what I saw as a wasted opportunity. I don't have anything against Kelderman of Lotto-Jumbo and would've said the same regardless of who was riding there in front in that situation.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I just turned in to see if anything was happaning! GVA attacked 50km out, in a group with Kelderman, Wellens, Alaphillipe, some guys from the break and Gilbert, Benoot already a bit behind :eek:

Belgium always gives us the best racing!

TRENDING THREADS